No Test for Uk

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
dodo

No Test for Uk

Post by dodo »

Found the article

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/new ... h-tourists

We'd happily pay for test on arrival, here in Brum the test with certificate is £250 pp!! :o
Kili01

Re: No Test for Uk

Post by Kili01 »

Dodo, out of interest, who is charging £250 for a covid test and a certificate? Is it an NHS facility or a private doctor or hospital?
It seems to be a rip off price.

Dee
dodo

Post by dodo »

It's a private clinic in Edgbaston.
The Edgbaston cricket ground is an NHS testing centre, bookable online and appointment only I gather, anyway everytime we've passed we've yet to see a queue just alot of staff stood around.
Mike.1940

Post by Mike.1940 »

Look on google......tests are £95.00 in the UK
dodo

Post by dodo »

I cant find them!?
The antibody test is cheaper but it's the pcr test you need plus the certificate, this also you pay extra for, and if you talking London then theres the travel expenses plus results within 72 hours of flying.
Not so easy!!!
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Surely, there must be somewhere more local to where you are? Try a private hospital

Dee
dodo

Post by dodo »

Edgbaston is local to me but Mike 1940 said £95!
The kits you can order online are roughly £95 but no guarantee get result before due to fly and do not come with a certificate .
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

I’ve looked into this extensively and the only one I found who can offer a clinic based test and can actually guarantee the timeframe is this one at £250. A postal test would not be acceptable surely as there is no guarantee of who gave the sample. There are tests for under £100 but they are the antibody test and not the PCR test https://samedaydoctor.org/service/covid ... y-testing/

Having an NHS system, there are not many private labs in the UK. Some private hospitals offer the antibody test, not the PCR including BUPA. My family member lives in the West Country and we have contacted private clinics, doctors etc. and there is zero option for this test. The only option is a 7 or 8 hour round trip to London at £250 a pop.

The NHS test is not currently acceptable by the Cyprus government but they will be up issuing news today on whether UK is going into Category B and hopefully news also regarding the testing problems.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

I have contacted my local private hospital to see if they do the test and the answer was no. I would have thought that private hospitals would have jumped at the chance to make more money, seems not.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

It would take a miimum of 2 days from testing to result... Apparently Cyprus insist on a test within 3 days of travel, so very tight...
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

Interestingly my Wife looked at the NHS testing site on Gov.Uk and answered a few questions on page 1. It detailed 3 symptoms which were not applicable and still allowed her to reserve a slot at a local drive through.

Other people have taken the NHS pcr test for travel purposes and have received either a long text message with result or an email with the same and all within 24 hours. According to the Health Minitry in Nicosia, both these results are acceptable and uploadable to the Flypass.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I cannot see how they will accept the NHS email - I include a copy of one here;
CovidTest.jpg
CovidTest.jpg (139.92 KiB) Viewed 3890 times
No date of test, only the date of email.... no confirmation of person, other than name and DoB...
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

Apparently there are two parts of the paperwork and the first, confirming the appointment, contains the info required. I would suppose that you would have to upload both. In the end, it is all a bit messy, so will take a different route.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Im I missing something here, are the NHS tests, for essential workers, and people who might have the symptoms only , not for people who want to go on holiday, and dont want to spent money on a private test, cheating the system comes to mind.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Not really. By all accounts the test centres aren't very busy at all. And the more people who get tested the better.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

Between the confirmation of appointment, the receipt of the test, the subsequent SMS and follow up email - all information is given EXCEPT the type of test which needs to be given (PCR swab) so it would only potentially fail on that. By Monday, I am sure people will be post their particular experiences.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:58 pm Not really. By all accounts the test centres aren't very busy at all. And the more people who get tested the better.
OK good to know that, I wrongly thought the tests were only for essential workers etc, second question are they accepted here?
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

UK NHS is currently NOT accepted by flightpass. They confirmed in post by Dominic yesterday on CyprusMail.
The UK email does not stated that test is PCR (although it is) and doesn't include date of test. Also, it's a simple email and not a certificate, so very easy to be fraudulent.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Is it not possible for the UK to set up 'travel' clinics attached to some health centres where those going abroad could get the required Covid test? Plus a receipt which states the type of test, the date, as well as the result within 48hrs?

Come on UK!

Dee