Rental Agreement for Immigration Purposes

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
galexinda

Rental Agreement for Immigration Purposes

Post by galexinda »

Some friends have an appointment with immigration to get their Yellow Slips and as they are renting an apartment have asked me to find out what is required.

We had to provide a proper document that had stamps on it, but that was a while ago, so would appreciate any advice from someone who has gone through the process recently. If it does have stamps, where are they issued and is it their responsibility or the landlord and who pays the fee?
PhotoLady

Re: Rental Agreement for Immigration Purposes

Post by PhotoLady »

It's 2 or 3 years ago but a colleague of mine (German) had to have her rental agreement stamped and signed by the local council or Mukhtar's office in order to obtain the necessary paperwork from the Immigration authorities.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
josef k

Post by josef k »

They could always pop into Immigration and ask. They are very helpful when not being shouted at.
jeba

Post by jeba »

I hadn´t mine stamped. That was last year in Larnaca. I support the above suggestion. Before my actual appointment I went there, and asked the case worker between 2 "customers" whether my documenatation was sufficient. As it took 1 minute only she quickly checked it and told me what she wanted in addition.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

We never had to have ours signed either....

However, the rules can change between getting the original paperwork request and up to the time you reach your appointment so yes, as Josef says - it's definitely worth checking with them a few days before you are due to attend.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

When we went for ours back in 2011 , immigration office did not ask for our rental agreement to have stamps on it .

However when we went to join the tax system they insisted we did have stamps on it . It was 50€ For us ....sliding scale depending on how much rent paid . It did not have to be signed by anyone .
Polemi Dave

Post by Polemi Dave »

Right opposite the courts, in the same building as Land Registry/Tax/Vat office is a cafe. Inside the cafe you will find 2 Notary Public, just sitting at tables with their names on plaques in front of them. They will stamp,or certify any document. I had an affidavit done yesterday by the lady called Nikki - total cost including the government stamp €5
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Polemi Dave wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:24 pm Right opposite the courts, in the same building as Land Registry/Tax/Vat office is a cafe. Inside the cafe you will find 2 Notary Public, just sitting at tables with their names on plaques in front of them. They will stamp,or certify any document. I had an affidavit done yesterday by the lady called Nikki - total cost including the government stamp €5
Are you talking about the Arabica coffee shop or the other one on the same side of the road as the courts whose name escapes me?

Shane
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Thank you all very much for the useful advice. Aside from the originaI query regarding Immigration I was under the impression that a Rental Agreement was only 'legal' if it did have the required stamps on it but have also read many comments along the lines 'it isn't worth the paper it's written on'!

ApusApus I think Polemi Dave is referring to the cafeteria that is within the grounds of the Land Registry/Tax Office. It is at the entrance near to the primary school next to Arabica. Surprising how many transactions take place in a coffee shop!
Polemi Dave

Post by Polemi Dave »

The same building as the land registry - far end, from road - right hand side.