New Updated List

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
dodo

New Updated List

Post by dodo »

dodo

Re: New Updated List

Post by dodo »

The Flight Pass has been altered, if the UK changes to Cat B then we could have the test on arrival €60 pp which we would pay for, much cheaper than the UK!
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Not only cheaper, but organised for you .. So at least you should not be infecting people in Cyprus if you have the virus. Just the people on the plane ;-)
Trev..
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

dodo wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:16 pm The Flight Pass has been altered, if the UK changes to Cat B then we could have the test on arrival €60 pp which we would pay for, much cheaper than the UK!
Surely UK tourists will have to have a Covid-19 -free certificate if the UK is moved to Cat B?? Only Cypriots, permanent residents etc can pay for a test on arrival.
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

There is a new Category C which allows those in it to come to Cyprus subject to PCR test and 14 day isolation. UK is in the new Category C so can now come from 23rd July.

New category C: ....and 7 in Group C that require a certificate showing negative PCR of Covid-19 administered within 72 hours prior to departure and a self-administered 14-day quarantine upon arrival.

New Category C countries: European Union Member States: 1) Portugal, 2) Sweden, 3) Luxembourg, 4) Romania, 5) United Kingdom
Third Countries: 1) Serbia, 2) Montenegro

The full article in English https://in-cyprus.philenews.com/visitor ... m-23-july/

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
dodo

Post by dodo »

Sorry I may have jumped the gun abit but Italy are in cat B and they are now permitted to have the test on arrival, hopefully they will do the same for the UK.
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Cat C didn't have to self-isolate before today as well as providing a certificate.

If you have the test at the airport (Cat B) you don't have to self-isolate. Can anyone explain the logic?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I would wait a couple of days. Most news stories about this tend to bubble about a bit before the facts fully emerge.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Dominic, it’s on the press release section of the PIO page, though the category changes don’t appear to have been reflected on the flightpass page as I type this.

Ian
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Unless I'm mistaken, the PIO press release says the categorization takes effect from July 23, and Cat C only applies to Cypriots, permanent residents etc. No mention of August 1 for tourists.
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Another thing about the PIO PR. For Cat B it says:

"It should be noted that passengers coming from Category B countries will be required to have undertaken a laboratory test at least 72 hours prior to departure and to possess a Certificate showing negative PCR examination for the virus."

Surely they mean "at most 72 hours"
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

PolemIan wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:06 pm Dominic, it’s on the press release section of the PIO page, though the category changes don’t appear to have been reflected on the flightpass page as I type this.

Ian
I know. But that isn't set in stone. In the past they have edited press releases to reflect new information, rather than issue a new press release.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.