Can I Get Duty Free ?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Firefly

Can I Get Duty Free ?

Post by Firefly »

I was wondering if anyone repatriated from the UK was allowed duty free at the airport, and vice versa. If we in the UK have left the EU, then presumably duty fee should be re-instated.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Mike.1940

Re: Can I Get Duty Free ?

Post by Mike.1940 »

we haven't left yet, wait until January
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Damn :lol:
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Interestingly Lloyd I ask a local duty inspector who only now checks on ex-pats belongings coming to live here, he said to me that customs will have to be paid importing from say Amazon UK but not from DE, problem is that many of the items I have purchased have gone to a UK distribution venue, then sent on to Cy, he said those items directly sent from Amazon De will or should not be customs duty charges, we will see soon I guess..those were the days, Duty Free, even local motors..

Yesterday I sent via Amazon De a new PC, it is now waiting to leave Tamworth holding warehouse..I could have almost walked to it when we lived in that area. :D
Jim.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

If you order from Amazon De, you have paid tax at that point and as it is in the EU will not be charged vat when it arrives in Cyprus regardless of where the item is posted from. I ordered some shoes through Amazon De it went through Millets/Go Outdoors UK and was posted from Ireland, Cork JD Sports.
I bought a PC last month from Box.co.uk loads cheaper than Amazon had it sent via a logistics company and delivered here for €30 via container.

As Lloyd says until the end of the year nothing bought from the UK should be taxed in the Cyprus.
David
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

When items shipped from the UK were shipped through Switzerland we were charged import duty because that country was the last port of shipment and according to Cyprus C&E Switzerland was not a part of the EU.

Jim
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

Recently purchased some clothing from UK supplier via China posted from Holland and Cyprus C&E charged duty