Cyprus has among least safe roads in Europe

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Firefly

Re: Cyprus has among least safe roads in Europe

Post by Firefly »

They never learn.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Paul

Post by Paul »

There was an accident on Monday near the old Paphos mall at the lights where Bionic used to be.
It looked like a car did a right turn across a car coming up from the superhomes direction.
one of the cars stopped on the pavement outside the old Bionic shop, which is now a car dealers.
The police and fire services where there and I noticed an ambulance going up in the direction of the hospital.
Before that we where coming down from Tsada when a wagon tried to overtake another one going up the hill on a blind corner.
And you wonder why there are so many accident here!
Ho yes got the wagon on dash cam!!!
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

I wish we were allowed to upload our dashcam footage on the Forum
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Well Dominic posts camera footage of driving around different areas including in town ...
What makes you think you can't post some ? You could message him to ask ??
Trev..
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

trevnhil wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:27 pm Well Dominic posts camera footage of driving around different areas including in town ...
What makes you think you can't post some ? You could message him to ask ??
The rather strange data protection laws I think would preclude it, unless the Reg number obliterated.

Demonic reads all posts, so I'm sure he'll comment in time
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

mike strand2 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:19 pm A 31-year-old motorcyclist is in critical condition in Nicosia hospital after an accident which happened on Poseidonos avenue in Paphos shortly before midnight on Sunday.

The accident happened at 11.10pm, when he lost control of his motorbike and it overturned.

The man, who had a helmet but was not wearing it

CM 20-07-2020
Presumably his elbow was ok because that is where many bike riders tend to wear them. Soo bloody stupid. Hopefully he will be ok and also learn a valuable lesson.
Last edited by Jimgym on Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Jimgym wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:33 pm
mike strand2 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:19 pm A 31-year-old motorcyclist is in critical condition in Nicosia hospital after an accident which happened on Poseidonos avenue in Paphos shortly before midnight on Sunday.

The accident happened at 11.10pm, when he lost control of his motorbike and it overturned.

Presumably his elbow was ok because that is where many bike riders tend to wear them. Soo bloody stupid. Hopefully he will be ok and also learn a valuable lesson.

CM 20-07-2020
I have been quoted incorrectly above. I did not write the last paragraph! Please be careful when posting & quoting people/
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

mike strand2 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:54 pm
Jimgym wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:33 pm

CM 20-07-2020
I have been quoted incorrectly above. I did not write the last paragraph! Please be careful when posting & quoting people/
Oops, I added my comment in the wrong section. Edited now :)