Ryanair refuses to refund flights to Cyprus

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
dodo

Ryanair refuses to refund flights to Cyprus

Post by dodo »

I read this on which?

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/07/ry ... ant-board/

This website has lots of helpful information regarding all flights and holidays and not just ryanair, through which my husband is doing a charge back through his bank to get ryanair flights refunded for Spain flights in april( still ongoing). We also signed a petition on Which yesterday for the government to step in to ensure they refund their customers ( not hopeful).
Web address which.co.uk
wilky

Re: Ryanair refuses to refund flights to Cyprus

Post by wilky »

Our family were due to travel to Cyprus on 10 April for easter with Ryanair this was cancelled they requested a refund not vouchers still waiting on charge back from credit card company.Also two family due 10 July could not travel because of restriction no refund and were charged £172 to change flights to next year.All of these flights were bought September last year.
wilky

Post by wilky »

That is a very good article on the which magazine sums up the problem correctly allowing planes to travel without passengers should be stopped.by the authorities or regulator the airlines dont care.
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

An appalling Company with no scruples at all. I have used them once and never again. As for their CEO, well I would rather slap him than chat.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
dodo

Post by dodo »

How spooky or what👻
Since I started this thread this morning my husband received call from his bank regarding charge back claim ryanair flights Spain in April, bank has refunded his money and will claim the money themselves, ryanair have 30 days to challenge the claim, bank told him they may try saying flight was available, however he has the cancellation email. Hubby wasn't originally going to bother claiming as it wasn't alot compared to some but glad he has now, dont give up if you've gone down this route and hopefully this will help someone.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

For MM.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
dodo

Post by dodo »

Dominic

For MM

??? What's that mean?
memory man

Post by memory man »

dodo wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:31 am Dominic

For MM

??? What's that mean?
dodo :- mm knows what it means ;)
darrow

Post by darrow »

I seem to remember quite early on in the pandemic, the advice was to get insurance immediately and to ensure it had specific Covid 19 clause, covering an eventuality such as this. It is harsh but, he is within his rights to refuse, he's a business man. Not that I would travel with Ryanair. Heard too many horror stories! You should be able to do charge back through your bank, for undelivered goods.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I would doubt that charge back would work if Ryanair Did 'deliver the goods' ie supply the flights..
Trev..
darrow

Post by darrow »

trevnhil wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:49 am I would doubt that charge back would work if Ryanair Did 'deliver the goods' ie supply the flights..
dodo says they got a refund for Spain.
darrow

Post by darrow »

trevnhil wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:49 am I would doubt that charge back would work if Ryanair Did 'deliver the goods' ie supply the flights..
dodo says they got a refund for Spain.
dodo

Post by dodo »

Did get a refund, but the flight was cancelled by Ryanair . The bank needed all the info so keep all correspondence including the Important cancellation email from the airline.
wilky

Post by wilky »

Finally Ryanair refunded flight for easter today that is 7 months since the refund was claimed credit card company did nothing.
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

I had flights booked in March & July, ryanair tried to make us take vouchers but we just kept saying no to them, we must have been lucky we got both refunds in late July, we also had flights booked for September we cancelled then & rebooked for next year, but cost me an extra £400 to change the 5 flights.
Good luck to everyone, most people cannot afford to be waiting months for a refund for flights that didn't operate, its not fair
Al
daveg

Post by daveg »

Yet our flight with Ryanair from Paphos to Malta was cancelled ...refunded into our bank account within 10 days......we refused the offer of Vouchers....