Private health insurance

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
dodo

Private health insurance

Post by dodo »

Already asked this in medical matters but only had 1 reply which we grateful for, but thought I'd ask here.
We plan to relocate to Cyprus by end of year so busy getting ourselves organised, grateful for any recommendations for private health insurance, we our both under age 55 although my husband is retiring in January and we wont ge able to register for gesy.
We also both take a daily medication which I know is on the list of meds available in Cyprus but do we need a letter from UK doctor to able to purchase it or is the medication box enough in itself. Thanks :)
trevnhil

Re: Private health insurance

Post by trevnhil »

It is always a good idea to get a letter from your doctors surgery showing your medical history, and what tablets you are currently taking. In this day and age I am not sure in the UK whether the patient actually gets a paper copy of the prescription. If you do then bring a photo copy of that as well ..
It is (or was) usual for people leaving the UK to get as many months medication as possible to bring with you ..
Trev..
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

dodo wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:32 am Already asked this in medical matters but only had 1 reply which we grateful for, but thought I'd ask here.
We plan to relocate to Cyprus by end of year so busy getting ourselves organised, grateful for any recommendations for private health insurance

You can contact Top Quotes and ask quotation for health insurance.

https://topquotes.com.cy/

I am since 12 years very happy with this company which insured also my cars since then.

Max
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I insured with PPP through Comercial Union and found it competitive and also paid out after a couple of serious accidents.

Jim
daveg

Post by daveg »

We have used Cosmos for years, they were very bad payers on a claim ... UNTIL taken over by Generalli Health. Can now highly recommend their claims service now.....
Jamboal

Post by Jamboal »

We use Abbeygate for our medical insurance and happy with cover and costs. As for medicines I brought a copy of my prescription from the UK which I took to the pharmacist who makes sure she has a supply for me.