UK could face second lockdown

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Uncle D

Re: UK could face second lockdown

Post by Uncle D »

I wear glasses all the time and do get some steaming up wearing a mask but usually only of the bottom of the lenses, I can assure you that it isn't that bad, certainly not as bad as going into a warm shop from a cold outside.
I have also suffered from Asthma for most of my life and never have a problem breathing, yes its a bit uncomfortable but that's all.
There is a post going around facebook saying isnt it strange that the people who dismissed BLM by saying ALM are the same as the ones complaining about having to wear a mask, I thought it a bit stupid at first but now I am thinking that there maybe an element of truth in it.
Just saying.
David
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

You can buy an anti mist solution in Jumbo,, it is for car windscreens but you can put it on your glasses with a Q Tip.
I still cannot see what the problem is wearing masks, popping into the shops for 20 minutes or so is no great hardship. When we go the shops we put the mask on when we enter and take it off when we leave, they dont have to be worn all day.

Jim
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

The idea of wearing a mask is to protect the people you come across, not yourself. I routinely wear one when entering a store or an area that is relatively crowded.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

JGW

I don't have an issue with wearing a mask at all. I also know how clinical masks are used and why, having has to wear one for a good few years of my working life.

Jim B

A good tip for anyone who has steamy glasses, thank you.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

EdWVJtrXoAAAKVO.jpeg
EdWVJtrXoAAAKVO.jpeg (194.86 KiB) Viewed 2983 times
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

1EA22CFD-457B-42CD-B833-7DCA9D59ADA3.jpeg
1EA22CFD-457B-42CD-B833-7DCA9D59ADA3.jpeg (75.31 KiB) Viewed 2878 times
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Diocletian wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:04 am The idea of wearing a mask is to protect the people you come across, not yourself. I routinely wear one when entering a store or an area that is relatively crowded.
That's not how I see it! I wear one, along with hand gel to protect ME. Who knows what you are touching in a shop; the trolley, door handles, etc. So now if I feel a need to touch my face, (probably caused by the wearing of a mask; I jest!) the mask protects my orifices where the virus would enter. People are known to be constantly putting hands to face, rubbing the nose, stroking the chin and so on.

Furthermore it has been shown that should a person sneeze behind a normal surgical mask, it has to go somewhere, so it escapes at velocity sideways! Also how many people have you heard sneezing on your visits to crowded places? The chance that the one in 200 people having an itchy nose who sneezed has the virus, is negligible.

As someone else pointed out, nothing is giving 100% protection, apart from complete isolation wearing a bio hazard suit!

Just saying that this is why I wear a mask and will continue doing so until I feel it is safe not to, even when the government removes their decree.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Austin7 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:17 pm I am very pleased to have gone into two different tavernas in the Paphos District this week where none of the waiting staff (or anyone else come to that) were wearing these ridiculous items of clothing and feel perfectly safe having done so.
They are breaking the law. Every Pub, Restaurant and taverna staff MUST wear a mask.
All things are possible
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Would the staff be happy if the Police went in to check and they were issued with a fine ?
Trev..
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Austin7 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:17 pm I am very pleased to have gone into two different tavernas in the Paphos District this week where none of the waiting staff (or anyone else come to that) were wearing these ridiculous items of clothing and feel perfectly safe having done so.
I refer you the the mirror above. I hope you live long enough to regret you’re decision but perhaps also to pay your fines.
June

Post by June »

Oh fgs! Until tourists are allowed in from suspect countries you're probably safe enough without masks, Enjoy the freedom!! That's why you went thru the Draconian measures. In time things will change.
Speaking from a UK tourist spot which has been overwhelmed this week...even if they hadn't become mandatory more and more people locally are using them..... Cos they have to..so bless the situation you are in at the moment.