Free testing in Cyprus for uk Tourists

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Yioula

Re: Free testing in Cyprus for uk Tourists

Post by Yioula »

It’s all rather confusing with the goal post continually moving different rules regulations for different accommodations as Covid rules the day, in accordance with outbreaks and localised spikes
Staystations are the best options I feel for 2020 I have no desire to travel far and wide in 2020
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Jackie: CityDoc are one of the two labs that I had found which I had found. SDD - SameDayDoctor - is the other. Both in London.

As I mentioned, I don't mind paying for a test, anywhere. Perfectly reasonable. I would be happy and prefer to pay €60 or more for a test on arrival in Cyprus.

The problem with having a test in the UK is the uncertainty on not knowing whether the results would be received in time.

David
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

David

I quite agree, but I won't be able to isolate for two weeks, if I am found to be positive on arrival, as I'm staying with family.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Hi Neil,

Sorry can't help, but may I ask where you will get your test and certificate ?

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Problem is although rumour abounds, until or unless the Cy Gov gives the go ahead for Cyprus bound flights from the UK to land here, they are liable to be cancelled. So far it hasn't said whether flights can land here on the 1st August. Similarly although the Cyprus Mail published the story about the free Covid testing here, it was a ruse suggested by the hotel owners. So again its not gospel. They unsurprisingly wanted free tests to apply only to those tourists with hotel or hotel apartment bookings. Not villa owners or people staying in private accommodation.
Trouble with some posters on here is they they read the headlines, but not necessarily the details. As I wrote earlier we have to wait for the Govt's word.
Hope that comes soon to help us all.
Paphos has been without regular scheduled flights from/to the UK since mid March....
Dee
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

brengreen wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:05 pm I would pay but as I fly out early morning on a Wednesday I can't get the test back in the allotted time. I could cheat the system and pretend I have symptoms and need to visit my 88year old Aunt who is shielding and need to check I am ok but somenow it doesn't seem right. Hopefully sorted by Sept.
The drawback with this option is you get a text with your results for the NHS Covid-19 test if you claim you have symptoms. The Cypriot authorities are demanding a written Medical Certificate which is pretty much impossible within the specified time period and to complete the Sky Pass online form before you fly.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, I agree with you! It does seem as if the Cyprus Govt is making things difficult for both British holiday makers and returning Cyprus residents. Trying to get a Covid test and a written certificate within 72hrs sounds difficult. I downloaded and read through 10 pages of the Cyprus Flight pass form which tries to cater for all situations regarding flights and having to submit it 24hrs before departure, oh dear!

Oh, nearly forgot that as yet the Govt here hasn't yet confirmed whether flights from the UK will have permission to land at Cyprus airports on Aug 1.

Am seriously thinking of abandoning my planned visit to the UK for the rest of this year. As are others in the same situation.

Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Re... " Oh, nearly forgot that as yet the Govt here hasn't yet confirmed whether flights from the UK will have permission to land at Cyprus airports on Aug 1. "

Thank goodness for that... It is nearly three weeks to the 1st of August, so it is too early to decide what will happen then.

Maybe the 1st of August date (for the UK) will be pushed further away.. Here are some headlines about the Virus in the UK that I read this morning..

" Britain records 148 Covid deaths in 24 hours - more than double last Saturday and exactly three weeks after shops began reopening amid easing of lockdown restrictions "
Trev..
lin n vic

Post by lin n vic »

yes trev but only 15 today you would have had less if you had not let cyps in from the states who had the virus
also you like a few more are not bothered if the hotels go bust and the economy goes down with thousands out of
work you will be pleased with your self for not letting the brits in but let all the rest come home no problem
think you might have to get ready for the next haircut happy days
Lin n vic
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Why has Cyprus relied on British tourism, surely putting all your eggs in one basket is a bad idea. When the pound is low against the euro this is always a problem. And now it's even bigger
David
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Probably because a lot of British holiday there every year, it's not rocket science, how do you force other nationalities to visit ?
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Force? surely better advertising in Europe Greece certainly does well on that front
I think that Cyprus has been complacent with just having British holiday makers over the years and never felt the need to attract other nationalities. As I said having all your eggs is bad business sense.
David
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

But it does attract other nationalities, just not in the same numbers as the British.