Kissonerga frustrated by fresh marina delay

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Kissonerga frustrated by fresh marina delay

Post by Paphos Life »

The latest extension until the end of July to allow time to find a consultant to carry out a study into constructing a combined marina and cruise ship docking facility in Kissonerga is scuppering plans to develop the wider area, community leader George Stylianou told the Cyprus Mail on Monday....

Read the article and chat about it below...
Kili01

Re: Kissonerga frustrated by fresh marina delay

Post by Kili01 »

Well this marina project has been mooted for the last 20+ years. One of the salesmen Of a large local Paphos developer told us about the exciting plans afoot to build a marina there in 1997 while we were considering purchasing a holiday home in one of the Paphos villages. He said he expected it to be built in 5yrs!
Since then the story of this projected marina has been in and out of the headlines over the intervening years. Many local property developers have put in their bid and plans, as tenders to construct it were announced. Companies and consortiums have even been chosen and objected to. The cases bog down the courts and still nothing happens. We can only wait to see what a chosen 'consultant' comes up with with the addition of a cruise terminal!

Don't get too excited about the construction actually starting. Once again its wait and see!

Please note I am not running down or critcising anyone, its just my dry sense of humour at play!

Dee
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

The plans I saw around 10 years ago, already had a cruise terminal in them... which were then dropped to save money
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

A local Cypriot builder told me 10 years ago that the tender situation wouldn’t work as companies in Cyprus were no used to tendering for work. He believed the only way it would be built would be if the contract was awarded to a non-Cypriot company who then contracted local companies to do most of the work.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Kissonerga marina? :lol: :lol: :lol: