You can now pay 2019 Tax

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Tuppence

You can now pay 2019 Tax

Post by Tuppence »

I have been expecting the regular posters to have mentioned this ...................... unless i've missed it!
The new portal is finally up & running at https://taxportal.mof.gov.cy/
I have only looked at the site & instructions but haven't attempted to input anything yet!
josef k

Re: You can now pay 2019 Tax

Post by josef k »

I may be wrong, but if you want to complete the final tax return for 2019, then you have to take the link to Taxisnet. Then it is the same procedure as previously. However, the 2019 return still doesn't show on the list and so can't be filled in yet. Neither can the temporary tax form for 2020.

Am I right?
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

As Josef says the Taxisnet portal does not yet show the return for 2019 as being available.
Tuppence

Post by Tuppence »

Don't go to Taxisnet use the link i've given above.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

But the second line on the link above is... ' To connect, use the access details of TaxisNet '

So Tuppence, the question is, have you managed to complete and submit your 2019 tax returns ??
Trev..
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Tuppence
Thanks I followed the link and using my existing username and password have signed in. Had a scroll around but not yet stumbled upon the actual return for 2019. There is a data field where you can enter how much is due and that the information you declare is complete and accurate, But no sign of a Cypriot conventional form we have used in pervious years.
If that is all they require then blimey its going to be very simple to do!
So i hit the Help button and downloaded an English how to.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Update.
I logged into my wife's and paid unpaid Tax for previous years via our BOC account as it would not accept JCC. Easy to do and had to do one transaction for each year we had not paid including interest and overdue payment fine.
Then completed her self assessment by simply entering Total Income and Tax Due, she is under the limit this year as she no longer worked in 2019. Submitted and accepted.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Thanks Tuppence for posting and thanks bromerzz for your experience.

I have logged in and found my wife owes some money for special defence tax from 2011 , non owed on mine .

If she owes money from this long ago why don’t they send out reminders ?

I could find no sign of 2019 tax return , as has been previously mentioned Somewhere we will get a text from Taxisnet when it is ready .
JimX

Post by JimX »

Went to our Accountants office last week and he told me yes you can pay any owed tax now but only for the year 2016, that was as far as it could be done.

I have tried to pay online but personally I find the procedure unworkable.
Jim.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

My wife's unpaid Tax was from 2013 and 2014.
Hit the My Account page, hit the select Statement of Due Amounts,hit in the blue the tax type in her case case it was Income Tax,in the far right column look for the Payment reference Codes. Take a screenshot or note them down.
Now you have to use your bank account itself to make the payment as the Tax Dept does not permit Overdue payments using JCC. I am with BOC so went online selected from the navigation bar Transfers and Payments, Tax Payments and it is there you enter the Payment Reference Codes and Due amount.One entry per payment.
Process was easy enough once I sussed it out.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

But most if not all the posts seem to say that despite the headline.. 'You can now pay 2019 Tax '
You cannot go online and fill in the 2019 tax return and pay money due for 2019.
Is that correct, or not ??
Trev..
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Agreed but you can enter an amount in Total Taxable Income and then enter an amount in Tax due. I did that for my wife and entered a number lower than the tax threshold and then declared it as 0.00 - which would be No Tax due. Submitted and accepted.
If it's wrong I am sure they will tell me.
Polly

Post by Polly »

Some of you are talking about entering the tax for 2019 and bromerzz I understand from your post that you have entered your wife's tax due as zero. But my question is what about the S1 exemption (I don't know if this applies to you or your wife bromerzz)? Surely some of you on here have that exemption certificate but what to do about it? If it is not recorded then there will be gesy tax to pay as well. I did go down to the tax office about this a few weeks ago but couldn't get an answer.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

We have S1 exemption and there are options under Current Self Assessment related to GHS self assessment and so on, but cannot find anything directly that says S1 exemption. Hers defaulted to 0300 self assessment. She pays a % of her Cypriot Old Age Pension into GESY already deducted at source.
I was just hitting options and seeing what I could do!
I am sure once checked someone somewhere in the Tax Dept will accept or otherwise the submission.
Tuppence

Post by Tuppence »

Sorry to have confused everyone. I did say that I had looked at the site & downloaded the instructions but hadn't tried to use the site.

I got the information from the Cyprus Mail article: https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/07/03/tax- ... al-portal/

Part of the article says:

"According to an announcement by the tax department, the public and businesses can use the portal to be directly notified of their debts and payments, submit their tax forms and use internet banking"

So, I naturally thought we would be able to submit our 2019 tax forms. Guess I should have known better. :roll:

Perhaps Dominic can amend the subject heading?
Last edited by Tuppence on Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Polly

Post by Polly »

Thanks bromerzz. But where did you find current self assessment? I don't quite understand defaulting to 0300 self assessment. Are you saying you submitted the nil tax due return and wait to see what happens?
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Polly
Yes I did.