Radio

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Reesy

Radio

Post by Reesy »

I would like to listen to U.K. radio stations , mostly the B.B.C. Is there a portable radio that can provide this..if so , any recommendations. Thanks.
Jimgym

Re: Radio

Post by Jimgym »

A DAB radio, for when you have internet or an Alexa perhaps?
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

BBC 'Sounds' app. national & local radio stations plus numerous podcasts.

Or https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?keywords=Int ... =310195011
chatsworth

Post by chatsworth »

You can buy stand alone internet radios and receive any station that broadcasts over the internet, including all BBC and UK regional stations. Roberts do a very good one.
WHL

Post by WHL »

chatsworth wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:41 pm You can buy stand alone internet radios and receive any station that broadcasts over the internet, including all BBC and UK regional stations. Roberts do a very good one.
I a have Roberts internet radio, cost about a hundred pound, there isnt a radio station on the planet it cant get
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Jimgym wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:33 am A DAB radio, for when you have internet or an Alexa perhaps?
No point getting a DAB radio in Cyprus.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Dominic wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:29 pm
Jimgym wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:33 am A DAB radio, for when you have internet or an Alexa perhaps?
No point getting a DAB radio in Cyprus.
Oh right, I've no idea about them but have obviously heard of them. I use Alexa.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

DAB requires a DAB broadcast. There isn't one in Cyprus. You can buy internet radios, that connect, unsurprisingly, to your home internet, but that is not DAB.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I have a Logitec internet radio, had it for several years. You can pick up all the UK stations that have an internet service which includes the BBC.

Jim
memory man

Post by memory man »

Austin7 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:47 am I can get 100's of radio stations including BBC on my TV Mag Box.
I only get 29 radio stations on my Mag Box :(
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

I stopped counting the number of radio stations that we get on our mag box, when we reached 120 as I got fed up. We listen to the ones we like and have stared them as favourites.
All things are possible
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Austin7 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:29 pm
Lincoln wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:26 pm I stopped counting the number of radio stations that we get on our mag box, when we reached 120 as I got fed up. We listen to the ones we like and have stared them as favourites.
I didn't have to count them, it told me how many there were on the bottom of the page! :lol:
Ha Ha-now you tell me after I sat there scrolling and counting. :roll: :D
All things are possible
Reesy

Post by Reesy »

Thanks for all your replies...I have a mag box that provides lots of stations. What I really want is a portable radio that I can take out in the garden or to the beach. I am not sure if this exists. The Roberts internet sound interesting , but obviously you net access to the internet..I hope this makes sense , as you have probably realised I do not have a clue about this technology.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Reesy wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:48 am Thanks for all your replies...I have a mag box that provides lots of stations. What I really want is a portable radio that I can take out in the garden or to the beach. I am not sure if this exists. The Roberts internet sound interesting , but obviously you net access to the internet..I hope this makes sense , as you have probably realised I do not have a clue about this technology.
Go to amazon and you will find alot of portable ones that you charge up,and yes you need internet, but as many beach bars? restaurants have free wifi. you can use theirs, we spent the day yesterday on the beach in front of Cafe Nero and used their free wifi.