Flights via mainland Europe to the UK

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Wererabbit

Flights via mainland Europe to the UK

Post by Wererabbit »

Has anyone flown from Cyprus back to the UK via anywhere in mainland Europe with Wizz Air or Ryanair? Whilst I can find flights I can't find anything that says transit through the airport is OK. In Budapest they specify that UK citizens are not allowed to enter the country but nothing about transit. As airports are technically no man's land the entry requirements don't usually apply but as none of the normal rules to anything right now seem to apply I don't want to take that for granted!

I know Ryanair is still selling cheap £30 to £70 direct flights to the UK but think they are just taking the money, cancelling the flight and giving a voucher back, unless anyone has caught one recently???? As UK citizens can't fly here at the moment I can't help but think it can't be financially viable to fly an empty plane here just to pick up people wanting to go back. After them holding on to my money once I'm not certain I can trust booking with them until they are operating in both directions.
Kili01

Re: Flights via mainland Europe to the UK

Post by Kili01 »

Have you checked what EasyJet and Jet2 flight schedules are doing? I think that Easy Jet flights are starting again the last week in July. I have booked my flight back 3 Aug. Saw on BBC news last night that Cyprus is now included in the UK's list of countries which from. 10th July no longer are subject to the previous 14 day quarantine!

So hopefully, normal flights to/ from the UK Will be re starting soon!

Dee
Wererabbit

Post by Wererabbit »

I need to get back for a job that starts on 14th July so can't wait until flights here start especially as allowing UK citizens here has been moved back several times and 1st August is still provisional.

Jet2 and Easyjet flights currently say from 15th and 21st July but these might move as was put on sale when Cyprus was going to let UK in from 15th July.

Pretty sure the only way to get back in next few weeks is a connecting flight but I just want to hear from someone who has actually made the journey before I book anything.
daveg

Post by daveg »

There is a Ryanair flight arriving today from the UK, and then returning.....
Miloman

Post by Miloman »

A friend returned to the UK a couple of weeks ago by flying to Athens from Larnaca then on to Paris then Manchester. All went ok.
Previously MofArodes on CL
WHL

Post by WHL »

Coming to Cyprusor going to the UK,
I Dont think its a clever idea to try and enter a country, by coming in through a third country,
the minute your passport is swiped at immigration, it will flag up,
and show how you arived, you might be refused entry,
there are exceptions thou,
like if your son is the prime minister of the UK.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Just a suggestion; Contact the British High Commission, they will have all the facts for you and are very helpful.
All things are possible
lin n vic

Post by lin n vic »

thougth no flights from uk allowed in to cy till august 1st

lin n vic
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Lincoln wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:00 am Just a suggestion; Contact the British High Commission, they will have all the facts for you and are very helpful.
I've contacted the High Commission once recently, asking a very simple question to which the answer was Yes or No. What I got in return was a page of copy-and-paste puff, with useless links to other sites. Complete waste of time.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

tuifly.be fly Paphos to Brussels....
German contingency of TUI formerly Thomson.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
daveg

Post by daveg »

Ryanair Bournemouth to Paphos just landed today....
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

LOL, that's Paphos about to go into lockdown again then! We've all seen those photos of the beach with them all topping up their tans before they head off on their Jollie's.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

But this remains a puzzle to me... I thought people from the UK were not allowed in until August.
So is this a flight with Cypriots on and ExPats with property here ??
Or, is it an empty flight taking people Back to the UK ??
Trev..
Lucky Lady

Post by Lucky Lady »

Was the Ryanair flight just a repatriation flight? I can't imagine it's for tourists as it has been made perfectly clear that tourists will not be allowed it till 1 August. I do know someone who is returning to the UK on this flight and they accept they will have to self isolate for two weeks as the 'air bridge' doesn't open till 10 July.
daveg

Post by daveg »

On the Ryanair website, this flight is shown as being able to be booked, twice weekly now....
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

It's as clear as mud.

Basically no-one knows until the Government announce a sure and certain date. I'm not booking anything until I see that.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
June

Post by June »

The OP wants to travel from Cyprus to the UK....
Wererabbit

Post by Wererabbit »

:lol: basically this is what I thought no one really knows what's going on. From what I can gather there are still repatriation flights coming in/going out but not sure if these are the ones they are charging €350+ for. I haven't been able to work for months so can't afford these especially as I am staying with my Mum here and will have to pay for accommodation back in the UK.

If someone can say "I booked a £40 flight to the UK and it actually flew" then great I'll book one but if not its going to have to be a flight via somewhere else or stay put. I'm not trying to pull a fast one by sneaking through like Boris's Dad. People coming from Cyprus are allowed in to most of Europe due to virtually zero virus and I've been here 6 months. It's just they have worded that UK citizens are not but I'm both so which trumps the other?
El tel

Post by El tel »

I notice there are flights coming to Paphos today from Liverpool and London stanstead , all very confusing.

Terry
ast

Post by ast »

El tel wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:44 am I notice there are flights coming to Paphos today from Liverpool and London stanstead , all very confusing.

Terry
Note all Ryanair flights, perhaps re location of aircraft to accomadate there schedules from Paphos when full timetable resumes, Who knows 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !