Glastonbury - a non-event

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
boycott

Re: Glastonbury - a non-event

Post by boycott »

How many members on this site actually pay the BBC licence fee?

How can you criticise the running and or bias of it when you do not pay towards the funding of it?
WHL

Post by WHL »

boycott wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:01 pm How many members on this site actually pay the BBC licence fee?

How can you criticise the running and or bias of it when you do not pay towards the funding of it?
Why do you have to pay a TV licence, for you to be able to criticise it, Many on here dont pay income tax, does it follow they shouldn't criticise the Government etc
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

I currently still pay the Licence Fee but no longer pay Income Tax haha
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

If everyone and their mother in law in the UK stopped paying the license fee they would get it by some other form of tax.How else could they carry on paying the left leaning staff and personalities the huge saleries they enjoy.
Oh, has anyone reading this been on utube and seen some recent events that the BBC would not report?
WHL

Post by WHL »

Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

WHL wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:48 am Somebody, remind us how many Pedophiles the BBC employed?
What the hell has that to do with real or imaginary Glastonbury? Keep to the subject without non-sequiturs, please. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
WHL

Post by WHL »

Devil wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:02 pm
WHL wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:48 am Somebody, remind us how many Pedophiles the BBC employed?
What the hell has that to do with real or imaginary Glastonbury? Keep to the subject without non-sequiturs, please. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Give it a rest, for goodness sake, why dont you pick up, on the 99% of all the other posts that swerve as the debate goes on, :roll: The debate is about the BBC, it is well documented, that it was a magnet for Pedophiles, which the BBC conveniently turned a blind eye on what was going on there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_sexual_abuse_cases
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Devil,,this is how it is,,can you show any posting that after,say,ten postings that has not,,well , strayed from the original subject,human nature i,m afraid.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

2020 would have been Glastonbury's 50th year, personally I never had any interest in it, not fifty years ago, not now.

Chaddy.

You are correct, even as we converse face to face, the subject of the conversation drifts from one thing to another. How boring it would be if everyone had to stick to one subject.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

WHL wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:25 pm
Give it a rest, for goodness sake, why dont you pick up, on the 99% of all the other posts that swerve as the debate goes on, :roll: The debate is about the BBC, it is well documented, that it was a magnet for Pedophiles, which the BBC conveniently turned a blind eye on what was going on there.

The subject is pretty pointless, so any straying is welcome. :lol:

However, you can't say that the BBC is a magnet for paedophiles. Paedophiles seem to like many public institutions. It is no better nor worse than any other institution on that front.

But seriously, if you are avoiding paying the license fee anyway, either willingly or by being out of the catchment area, then you really have no room to criticise.Why would they care what you think?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:11 pm
WHL wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:25 pm

The subject is pretty pointless, so any straying is welcome. :lol:

However, you can't say that the BBC is a magnet for paedophiles. Paedophiles seem to like many public institutions. It is no better nor worse than any other institution on that front.

But seriously, if you are avoiding paying the license fee anyway, either willingly or by being out of the catchment area, then you really have no room to criticise.Why would they care what you think?
Maybe magnet was the wrong word, what is true, is many people inside the BBC knew who the perverts were, but turned a blind eye, lots of senior BBC bods knew Saville liked kids, but hushed it up, knowing Saville had friends in high places, ie Prince Charles amongst them, the licence fee is unjust, especially the way the BBC pay mega wages to celebrities, there are lots of private tv channels standing on their own two feet, without state handouts, time the BBC did the same.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

So stop watching them then.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:06 pm So stop watching them then.
Blonde moment, stop watching who?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The BBC, and no way are you blond.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:43 pm The BBC, and no way are you blond.
Thanks for that Dominic, match of the day, is the only thing I watch on the BBC, as for blonde more kojak nowadays, google him, im guessing your to young to know who he was :lol:
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

WHL wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:00 pm
Dominic wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:43 pm The BBC, and no way are you blond.
Thanks for that Dominic, match of the day, is the only thing I watch on the BBC, as for blonde more kojak nowadays, google him, im guessing your to young to know who he was :lol:
I know who Kojak is. He was the man who loved Birmingham.

WHL

Post by WHL »

Crikey Dominic, and theres me thinking he was only a singer, :shock: and one other thing, what the Devil has this got to do with the BBC, ;)

Firefly

Post by Firefly »

L.B.

You are correct, from your list, I would probably watch two.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Indeed.