Ayia Napa is Gearing Up!

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Ayia Napa is Gearing Up!

Post by Dominic »

Last week we went on our annual pilgrimage to Protaras, Paralimni and Ayia Napa. What would we find when we got there? Would anything be open, would the beaches be crowded? Is it worth visiting? Read on and find out. In our first blog we will concentrate on the seaside.

Read the article and chat about it below...

ayia-napa-is-gearing-up_masthead.jpg
ayia-napa-is-gearing-up_masthead.jpg (164.76 KiB) Viewed 1760 times
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Mrblobby

Re: Ayia Napa is Gearing Up!

Post by Mrblobby »

Great blog Dominic , I enjoyed it . When is the PL charabanc taking us all for a day out ? ;)
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

You questioned the diamond marker at one fisher boat Dominic: they use them to catch sword fish.

Deep-set buoy gear uses a hook-and-buoy system that enables fishermen to drop their hooks as deep as 1,200 feet to reach swordfish. When a bite-indicator buoy submerges, fishermen can respond within minutes to either bring the fish to the boat to be bled and put on ice or release the catch alive if it is not a swordfish or another salable species.

I was many times in the 1970s with Latchi fishermen on their boats for swordfish overnight. At that time there was plenty of that type of fish, but also huge tuna after a night out, sometimes 15-20 @ 200 kg or larger. Their sword was more than 1 m long and I remember taking one of them back to Germany on the plain. These times are long gone though...due to overfishing :roll:

Max
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

You are a font of knowledge Max.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Dominic wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:34 pm You are a font of knowledge Max.
Well, no wonder, living 40 years in this lovely country I gained a lot of experience which I am happy to share here on this forum. Since I arrived first time in Cyprus in 1969 many things changed, like everywhere else in the world, but I still believe that it is the best place where I want to stay for good.
Nature is still much more intact than in other countries, one has just to find out and travelling through unspoiled countryside to confirm that.
Max
Asteri

Post by Asteri »

But you support the planned touristic park in the latchi/neo chorio area, I disagreed that this was good for the area and received negative response because I don’t be
I’ve this kind of change is good for this relatively unspoilt area but now nature and unspoilt cyprus is no.1 ?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I'm not sure what you are trying to say.