CHANGING DRlVING LICENSE!

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mandyr

CHANGING DRlVING LICENSE!

Post by Mandyr »

Just before the lockdown we went to change over our licenses. That was stressing enough but we found the employees there were so unhelpful infact very rude but we did get all the paperwork and photos done. Today we picked up the courage and decided to go and get our cypriot licenses, just an easy trip we thought!!! Didn’t get them as there were so many people queuing outside in the heat, mainly young ethnic people and nobody including staff had masks or gloves on. Managed to get inside the building to speak to a member of staff, who again was so rude and unhelpful so we just gave up and walked away. Has anyone else had this problem, don’t they believe in customer service with a smile over here it’s so frustrating!!!!
LouiseCastricum

Re: CHANGING DRlVING LICENSE!

Post by LouiseCastricum »

We collected the new driving license yesterday. Very friendly guy at the door. Called us in a few minutes later where we were helped by a friendly and smiling lady. It took all about 15 minutes maximum.
Louise :)
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

We found the staff very friendly and helpful. No problem getting our driving licence exchanged.
All things are possible
JimX

Post by JimX »

I agree and why stressed out? it is a very easy procedure unlike 20 years ago when it was difficult to get done, the staff now are well trained and very helpful, we use the main PO Anavargos, take a ticket and wait, not sure this recent lockdown has changed this but a phone call we advise, good luck.
Jim.
memory man

Post by memory man »

Mandyr:-

Would this be at the Road Transport Dept in Mesogi

or at the Main Post Office ( CAC )
Mandyr

Post by Mandyr »

Yes, unfortunately it was at the Road Transport Dept in Mesogi. Incidentally is there a charge for changing over licenses from English to Cypriot as this one arrogant woman kept saying to us have we seen the cashier? Once more we’ll have to go there but will make it nearer their closing time, then we might stand a better chance!!!
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

I would suggest you go to the Citizens Advice center in the Post Office. As JimX says, it’s very easy & staff are helpful.
memory man

Post by memory man »

Mandyr wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:53 am Incidentally is there a charge for changing over licenses from English to Cypriot

There is no mention of a fee here >> http://palscyprus.com/exchanging-a-uk-d ... g-licence/
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

I have to say we went to the Citizens Bureau in the old Butcher Boy street. Never had a problem there.
Louise :)
WHL

Post by WHL »

Mandyr wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:32 pm Just before the lockdown we went to change over our licenses. That was stressing enough but we found the employees there were so unhelpful infact very rude but we did get all the paperwork and photos done. Today we picked up the courage and decided to go and get our cypriot licenses, just an easy trip we thought!!! Didn’t get them as there were so many people queuing outside in the heat, mainly young ethnic people and nobody including staff had masks or gloves on. Managed to get inside the building to speak to a member of staff, who again was so rude and unhelpful so we just gave up and walked away. Has anyone else had this problem, don’t they believe in customer service with a smile over here it’s so frustrating!!!!
Quote, mainly young ethnic people, could you please tell us what that means?
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

I do not think you can exchange a uk driving licence at a citizen’s centre . I am sure it has to be done at the DT .

But rules do change .

The cost of the Cyprus licence is:
€ 40 (up to 65 years of age)
Over 65 free
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Do bear in mind that Mandyr has changed her licence already.. She is just collecting the New License
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

WHL wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:47 am
Mandyr wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:32 pm Just before the lockdown we went to change over our licenses. That was stressing enough but we found the employees there were so unhelpful infact very rude but we did get all the paperwork and photos done. Today we picked up the courage and decided to go and get our cypriot licenses, just an easy trip we thought!!! Didn’t get them as there were so many people queuing outside in the heat, mainly young ethnic people and nobody including staff had masks or gloves on. Managed to get inside the building to speak to a member of staff, who again was so rude and unhelpful so we just gave up and walked away. Has anyone else had this problem, don’t they believe in customer service with a smile over here it’s so frustrating!!!!
And why it is relevent.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:24 am
WHL wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:47 am
And why it is relevent.
Exactly, why the reference to young '' ethnic'' people, could the poster not just say, there were a lot of people waiting, what does whatever ethnic group they are have to do with anything?
Mandyr

Post by Mandyr »

The young people I was referring to looked mainly young Asians not Cypriots and none were wearing masks which worried us. Hope that satisfies your questions.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Which is more relevant, being Asian or wearing masks? They were "outside in the heat", so the wearing of masks becomes irrelevant, in practice, if they were keeping 2 m apart.
G Dog

Post by G Dog »

I had the same problem mandyr. Extremely rude and unhelpful and I ended up walking away. I went back a second time, as I had to change my licence, managed to find a uniformed lady who was eating her breakfast at the time. She had me sit down while she finished, helped me fill the relevant form in, took me to have my picture taken and basically sorted me out. I really think it's pot luck on the day, just glad I don't have to do it again.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

I exchanged my UK licence to a Cypriot one last year at the MOT Centre and found the experience there unpleasant. They really ought to have a receptionist to assist 'lost' customers; whether British, Cypriot, Asian or African etc..

Even though they have a Deli ticket numbering, come closing time they just say come back tomorrow! Best time to go it seems, is 7am & wait for them to start work at 8am.

For over 65 yr olds it's free, otherwise €40
Lucie

Post by Lucie »

Please, I am confused - can you change your foreign driving licence at the Citizens Advice center or do you have to go to the Transport department? We have been at the TD on Monday and run away. Just pure chaos there.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Lucie wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:28 pm Please, I am confused - can you change your foreign driving licence at the Citizens Advice center or do you have to go to the Transport department? We have been at the TD on Monday and run away. Just pure chaos there.
DOT only for exchange. Citizens Ctr for renewals