post from UK,

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
PhotoLady

Re: post from UK,

Post by PhotoLady »

Will be interesting to see how long it takes now to reach you from LCA, always guess work from there and extremely hard to judge, depending if it's coming through the normal mail.
We've known it take 2 weeks to send a package from Limassol to Paphos by mail, and that's long before all this began!
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Mighty Sprite wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:15 am To get back to the original subject, I see on track and trace that a package for me left the UK on 4 June and arrived at Larnaca on 26 June.
It is more than likely that it arrived in Larnaca on the 5th of June ..... It is possible it has been lying with hundreds of other parcels waiting for someone to 'log it in' since then ..
Trev..
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

Mighty Sprite wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:15 am I see on track and trace that a package for me left the UK on 4 June and arrived at Larnaca on 26 June.
My track and trace which left the UK on the 8th June, also arrived Larnaca yesterday, 26th. Assume they must have a backlog to catch up with. :)

I wonder how long it will take to arrive in Pafos.
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Things may be improving ... we ordered five items from Lakeland in the UK. They were dispatched on Thursday and arrived this morning, which rather surprised me.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

But they use a Courier rather than the 'Post'
Trev..
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

MacManiac wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:50 pm Things may be improving ... we ordered five items from Lakeland in the UK. They were dispatched on Thursday and arrived this morning, which rather surprised me.
Three days, it must be a record and hard to believe :o
David
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Had a small parcel from Amazon this week in the post , normally the main post office sends it up to my local post office in Tala , and the post lady puts a note through my door advising me to collect it . Not this time , I received a text and had to go to main post office to collect it . It was posted on the 10th June .
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

I've just received a letter from London dated 02 June. I'm advised that I now have a Registered something from the UK. Tracking shows this was posted 09 June and arrived Customs in Larnaka 27 June. Advice from Pafos PO is that I can collect from somewhere in Kissonerga between 17:00 & 19:00 (possibly the shed they had used before until about 4 months ago).
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Birthday card sent to UK (Birmingham) took 3 working days.
Birthday card posted from Birmingham 17 June to Kissonerga; delivered 13 July