Is it the most important project?Amazing scale of planning..

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Is it the most important project?Amazing scale of planning..

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Three month ago it was only forest and nobody really believed that Tesla is building another Giga factory for e-cars/batteries in Germany.

This drone video from June 17 shows the progress of this amazing project, one of the largest in the world I believe. Next year in July 2021, up to 500.000 e-cars and batteries supposed to be produced here....this takes some planning and I think it will be worth to watch it, also the music is nice.

Max
memory man

Re: Is it the most important project?Amazing scale of planning..

Post by memory man »

Should this topic not be posted in another forum eg. viewforum.php?f=62

ie. Beyond Cyprus.

* and why not ask Dominic to set up a separate forum:-

" All things German "
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

It certainly would be very suited to the 'Beyond Cyprus' section
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

I dont have a problem with this post, If something doesn't interest me, I just ignore it, how many posts do we put on here regards the going ons, back in the UK, are those not posted in the general section, dont see anyone complaining that their not in the Beyond Cyprus section.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

This isn’t just a forum for people in the UK. I am fine with this being posted here, as electric cars are a general topic which will affect everybody in years to come.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Galini

Post by Galini »

Tanny wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:44 am Interesting to see that a vehicle being built essentially because it is a 'greener' alternative and supported by public funding could not find another industrial area, maybe even 'waste or reclaimed' ground. It is also pertinent that there is no showing of the massive forest they cut down at the beginning of the video to create another building site. Just seems very ungreen to be green.
Exactly what I was thinking as I read the post.
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

I'm sure this giga project is for the benefit of a better future, nevertheless I think it's a shame of that beautiful forrest.
Louise :)
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

These days they tend to plant fresh trees elsewhere to offset PR disasters.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Tanny wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:44 am Interesting to see that a vehicle being built essentially because it is a 'greener' alternative and supported by public funding could not find another industrial area, maybe even 'waste or reclaimed' ground. It is also pertinent that there is no showing of the massive forest they cut down at the beginning of the video to create another building site. Just seems very ungreen to be green.
There are many reasons why Tesla decided to built at this area.

Concerning the "massive" cut down of forest as you call it, look at the map where I marked the building site and the rest of the forest....
The spruce trees planted 60 years ago are mono culture with little ecological benefit and there is a large bark beetle infestation caused by drought for many years. They had to be cut down anyhow soon.

Industrial area with 100-300 hectares without soil problems is not that easy to find. Further the area needs to be near a large town where qualified employees can be found (12.000) A good infrastructure is most important. On site there is a motorway, several railway lines (very green), the new Berlin airport is nearby (short transport distance) Ultimately, Musk wants to run his giga factory as completely with renewable energies as possible, and Brandenburg is also a very good location for him in this respect: The federal state now covers 32.4 percent of its energy sources from renewable energies. As Tesla wants to produce within the next 12 month there was no way to play around any longer for an investment of 4 billion Euro!!!!

Max
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Another good wildlife habitat totally devastated in the name of progress.