Eclipse day....

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Eclipse day....

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Well, I knew that the partial eclipse one can see in Cyprus, will not be very exiting, as it is only 38%, but I was still curious what it will be and had the camera ready for the event. I can remember the last big eclipse in Cyprus, August 1999, when the day begun with an 5.8 earthquake and many Cypriots were afraid this could have been something to do with the eclipse, which happened 2PM in the afternoon when it went quite dark, shutting down my photo-voltaic system, as 86% of the sun were covered.

There was already a strange mood in the early hours of the day...

but it was only a matter of minutes and these clouds disappeared

So when the maximum of shading happened in Cyprus I took some pics, but failed completely as there was not enough contrast... :oops:

I provided a link to a live video on a different post yesterday and watched it, producing some screen shots...
location is in India and this pic shows the seconds before the full annular eclipse happens

it is only a window of max. 30 seconds, but here we are

until the ring appeared on the other side

Max
Lincoln

Re: Eclipse day....

Post by Lincoln »

Thanks Max.
All things are possible
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I remember going on a cycling holiday to Cornwall in 1999, to see the eclipse. It was cloudy but worth it. Having night descend immediately like it did was just so, so weird. I remember the birds all getting really confused.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Dominic

I was on holiday in Cornwall then with my family, We cycled to Padstow from Wadebridge to watch that, we sat in a field overlooking the sea. Yes it was weird, listening to the birds.

Happy days.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I thought the eclipse was disappointing and I didn't notice anything. Then I heard reports on TV yesterday evening and understood why. Apparently it was mainly visible in parts-of Africa, south east Assia and Hong Kong! So hardly surprising...

Dee