Egypt air flight from Africa lands today in PFO

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Cheshire Lad

Egypt air flight from Africa lands today in PFO

Post by Cheshire Lad »

Went down to Timi beach this morning with the dogs, and was cheered to see a plane at the airport.

Back home, I looked up the details and found this to be an Egyptian flight which landed at Paphos around 5 am today, ostensibly from Cairo.

Howeve r, further tracking indicated that this was an onward flight from Cairo, originally from Lagos in Africa. (This via Air Nav Radarbox)

Where does all this sit with countries on “List A, List B and List C.

It begs the question what tests would have been carried out at 5am

CL
WHL

Re: Egypt air flight from Africa lands today in PFO

Post by WHL »

Cheshire Lad wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:17 pm Went down to Timi beach this morning with the dogs, and was cheered to see a plane at the airport.

Back home, I looked up the details and found this to be an Egyptian flight which landed at Paphos around 5 am today, ostensibly from Cairo.

Howeve r, further tracking indicated that this was an onward flight from Cairo, originally from Lagos in Africa. (This via Air Nav Radarbox)

Where does all this sit with countries on “List A, List B and List C.

It begs the question what tests would have been carried out at 5am

CL
Cargo perhaps, mail etc
Jim B

Re: Egypt air flight from Africa lands today in PFO

Post by Jim B »

I used to work in Alexandria and the only way to get a scheduled flight to either Alexandria or Cairo was via Beirut or Athens from Larnaca. There was a couple of direct flights a week from Cairo to Larnaca but nothing to Paphos.
It would be good to have direct flights to either Alexandri or Cairo, so much to see there.

Jim