Kissonerga

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
dodo

Kissonerga

Post by dodo »

Been trying to get to Cyprus since April and still hope to in the next couple months as we our looking to buy a home for ourselves, I'm asking about Kissonerga as its one place we seem to have missed visiting last 2 yrs when in Paphos on holiday, unless we drove through without realising!
I've seem some lovely properties when looking online, just after more info, including realistic distance and time to get to paphos harbour and coral bay driving, regular bus service, shops, beach, restaurants, and anything else I may of missed. Thanks😎
JimX

Re: Kissonerga

Post by JimX »

Great place to buy, all very convenient, but keep away from the busy road...good luck.
Jim.
Iris 2

Post by Iris 2 »

Morning Dodo

Hope you are well.

We have a place in Kissonerga and love it (like you desperate to get out as we haven't been over since February)!

We sold a place on Universal in Paphos as the family grew and it's the best decision we have made.

It's about a 12 -15 minute drive to Paphos/Harbour and Coral Bay is literally 4 or 5 minutes tops in the car. A few local bars/restaurants/tavernas that are friendly and busy all year round and the village has a nice relaxed feel to it. Good mix of locals and expats etc.

Obviously it's down to individual taste and preference but for us we have the best of everything. Nice local village with the sea 2 minutes away and a stones throw from Paphos and Coral bat etc. Plus it's lovely out of season.

Cheers

Darrell
CYWALL

Post by CYWALL »

dodo wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:53 am Been trying to get to Cyprus since April and still hope to in the next couple months as we our looking to buy a home for ourselves, I'm asking about Kissonerga as its one place we seem to have missed visiting last 2 yrs when in Paphos on holiday, unless we drove through without realising!
I've seem some lovely properties when looking online, just after more info, including realistic distance and time to get to paphos harbour and coral bay driving, regular bus service, shops, beach, restaurants, and anything else I may of missed. Thanks😎
Hi dodo, have PM'd you.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

The thing is these villages-are no longer villages. They are little towns. Kissonerga is a large area and some areas are dreadful, some have no views, some are noisy etc. However, overall if you find the property to suit your requirements in the right area all will be OK. It is the same in all the other villages areas. Generally speaking Kissonerga is a nice place to live. Good luck.
All things are possible
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Tanny wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:45 am .. the villages kind of run into each other often without you noticing.
You know when you're in Kissonerga when you go over an interminably large number of high speed bumps. :o
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Great location between the main coast road and also upper road (with all the speed bumps) that traverses the village centre, both roads on bus routes. As with all areas some are more built up and others are more traditional in style. Nearest village with large supermarket and bank is Chloraka - Papantoniou and Hellenic. Has the Cypriot village feeling and a good mix of nationalities living there. Handy for Paphos, Kato Paphos, Coral Bay and beyond and within easy reach of a huge selection of restaurants and bars.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

As dodo specifically asked about buses, presently there is a fairly infrequent service (607) through the village centre & none at all on a Sunday; route Κaravella - Chloraka - Lemba - Κissonerga - Pegeia(Akoursos*
However the coast road does have a very frequent, (in the summer packed) service 7 days a week. route, Harbour (main station), Ap. Pavlou Av., Tombs of the Kings Av., Chloraka to Kissonerga Coastal Road, Coral Bay Av., Coral bay. (615). Bus services will be changing soon under new ownership with the expectation of a better, sleeker service to the whole Pafos District.

As mentioned by others, some areas are decidedly scruffy and you can't be too far away from barking dogs, (that goes for most of Cyprus unfortunately!)

There's no bank anymore, no post office and no doctor's surgery. It does have a Pharmacy though and a selection of bars & eateries, Hairdresser, DIY shop, Kiosks & small supermarkets. It also has it's own beach. Whether The Community Council will cease to exist when the local government reorganisation is complete, remains to be seen. Refuse tax (2 collections per week) is currently €100 & a Services charge of €155 a year. There is an excellent recycling collection each week.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Dodo,beware of barking dogs where ever you decide.I could tell you of some real life horror stories.
dodo

Post by dodo »

Thanks for all your replies, we shall definitely check the area out once we get over and certainly be looking to see for dogs. I'm glad shops were mentioned, so sorted for groceries and do a big shop elsewhere. My concern was the buses as dont drive and dont want to rely on hubby all the time, so is it possible to walk from costal rd to village or vise versa?
I know taxis are expensive, so we've never bothered but roughly how much from village to say Paphos Harbour?
Is the charity shop still there? I've been a volunteer with Cats Protection shop last couple yrs back here till covid struck.
Would welcome any advice or tips you have,
Many thanks 😁
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Barking dogs and In some places very noisy motorbikes ridden late at night and general noise can be the downside of living in the middle of a village. Its well worth checking the area where you find a suitable house at different times of day and evening to check on this.
But if you need to be dependent on local busses, either walking distance from the Coral Bay Rd, or parts of Paphos have regular bus routes. At present.

Dee
josef k

Post by josef k »

I'm in a pedantic mood today, so I will just mention that the "Chloraka" Papantoniou is, in fact, in Lemba.

Don't say it, I know.