communal pool

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
lin n vic

communal pool

Post by lin n vic »

Hi just been told by our people who look after our site and pool we need to have a life guard or you cant use the pool who,s dutys will include
sanitising the beds and hand rails to the pool steps and doing the toilets as well is this the law now
or are they making it up
thanks for any info you can provide
Lin n vic
galexinda

Re: communal pool

Post by galexinda »

Yes, that is correct.
Two issues here, the first being the protocols for public pools to be open (communal pools are classified as public pools) with specific reference to the Covid-19 stipulations, which includes some of the points mentioned in your post regarding sanitisation, social distancing etc.
The second issue is to do with the communal pool having a Licence and requires a lifeguard to be present when the pool is open - this has been ongoing for many years and many complexes do not have the required paperwork.
Both topics are covered in this link: https://www.cypruscommunalguide.com/ind ... -articles/
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

On a complex where we used to live the committee paid for a full time resident to take a lifeguard course and exam.
David
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

Strangely enough when I purchased in 1999 the guy from Aristo selling our block did say that whilst there wasn't a pool planned on site, we would have the benefit of lower management fees due to less maintenance etc and with with the beach being just 300 metres away a pool wasn't really necessary and the prices of the apartments were certainly a lot lower than others we had looked at

In a way I am glad we haven't got one !!!! Especially with the EU rules for "lifeguards" and associated H&S costs nowadays
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

Thanks for the update, I didnt realise it was the opposite way !!!

As I say, perhaps selfishly, as this does not effect me directly I naturally "assumed" it was EU legislation that was not being enforced rather than Cyprus refusing to change it's stance......can someone explain simply why ?

Sorry if my ignorance may have stirred up something that has been covered in previous posts
galexinda

Post by galexinda »