2 metre distance rule

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Jimgym

2 metre distance rule

Post by Jimgym »

Yet more conflicting advice coming from scientists. Is it any wonder why people are unsure about what is correct?!
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... gniter-rhr
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: 2 metre distance rule

Post by Devil »

I agree that any given distance is purely arbitrary. Notwithstanding, 2 m or more would seem to be advisable, if not desirable.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Ive seen other experts show videos of breath droplets, even from speaking, that carry more than 1 metre.... 2 metres is proven to HALF your chances - so that’s only positive.... yes, the chances may be slight anyway, but if you offered 100 people the chance to walk past a covid infected super carrier who was talking loudly, when 3 of them could be infected at 1m and only 1.5 at 2 metres... methinks we would all vote with our feet!
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Whatever the authorities may lay down as the optimum relatively safe distance, surely in the end each person must make his/her own mind up as to what for them is safe /comfortable?Obviously avoid crowded places and places where seating is fixed such as theatres, cinemas and so on and all forms of public transport.

Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We have been shopping this morning in a Large Supermarket in Paphos.. Gloves were provided and gel was there. But as to the 2 mt rule, it is just not possible, particularly so at the checkout ..
Trev..
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

Would reporting the Supermarket in question to the relevant Authorities to deal with lead to be a better result for your future safety

Perhaps naming them, if matters are so bad, would be helpful for other members to consider when visiting
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

trevnhil wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:24 pm We have been shopping this morning in a Large Supermarket in Paphos.. Gloves were provided and gel was there. But as to the 2 mt rule, it is just not possible, particularly so at the checkout ..
Two main supermarkets I use are Lidl and Papantoniou which have clearly marked signs on the floors showing the 2 metre safe distance.
I have no qualms insisting other people maintain the distance from me. Happy to hold up the whole proceedings until they move away!