Nereus Hotel not reopening..

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Nereus Hotel not reopening..

Post by trevnhil »

I read the sad news yesterday that the Nereus Hotel in Paphos will not be reopening... The reason given in the explanation was mainly due to finances, they have lost so much money during the enforced closure..
I think there will perhaps be some other hotels in the same situation, and it is sad for everyone concerned from guests with bookings to the staff losing their jobs. :-(
Trev..
LouiseCastricum

Re: Nereus Hotel not reopening..

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Very sad news indeed. We had quite some events there for the English speaking Paphos Adonis Lions Club. Wonderful people.
Louise :)
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Although we have never stayed there we have been for breakfast a good few times
Trev..
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

What a shame, another victim of this horrible disease.
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Nereus was a great little hotel in the late 80s start of the 90s very popular with the British tourist its a shame to hear it’s one of the casualties of the Covid crisis but I doubt it will be the only one
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

NB> Not wishing to cast aspersions on the credibility of the OP

I have trawled the internet and searched Nereus Hotel Paphos closing, closed, out of business and cannot find anything to say it is closed or closing permanently

As an exercise I looked on TUI and could have booked a week in September 2020 there for £ 407, although this could just be a ploy from TUI to get a long term interest free loan from the unsuspecting

You mentioned you "read" it somewhere, was it online ? perhaps you could post a link if so ??
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Mirek I will try to find it, but I think it was on Paphos chat..

Found it now and it was on Paphos Chat, if you search for Nereus Hotel, you will find this from the hotel owners

In case it will not open fr you here is a relevant paragraph ...

" We have already decided that we have to sell the hotel and pay off our loans and remain with the small block of apartments at the back. That will now be the new “N HOTEL”. For 2020 we will start contacting guests to modify bookings or offer vouchers. We will be operating the apartments on a Bed only Basis, guests should email for any clarifications. "
Trev..
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

We have also heard they will not be reopening , but only personal nothing official .
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

Its a crying shame, the road was recently gaining a bit of popularity and some new venues ( the new place opposite Friends/Neil's Mr Woo and Namaste ) and now there will be Nereus, the Almond Tree and the old First and Last closed almost all together a block