Sausages

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Reesy

Sausages

Post by Reesy »

Now the Bar-B-Q season is here,I must say I really enjoy a well done sausage. Unfortunately my favourite butcher has closed down..Any recommendations where I can now get a good sausage...
trevnhil

Re: Sausages

Post by trevnhil »

Butcher Boy in the area round the back of the Mall. The road where Damon Apartments are on the corner.
Or English Sausages from Lidl
Trev..
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

I buy at Lidl the Original Nuremberg sausages since years and love them as they remind me of the sausages from my home town Nuremberg, where they are produced under the strict law of the local Authorities. My first post about them was in 2017

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=532&hilit=nuremberg+sausages

Max
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

At your recommendation I also buy the Nuremberg sausages! They are quite good and much better, no infinitely better, than the so-called English sausages that Lidl sell.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Didnt there used to be the London sausage company on TOTK, its too far for me to travel so have not used them
David
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I was born in Lincoln, and get insulted by what gets passed off as a Lincolnshire sausage over here.

#LincolnshireSausagesMatter
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Cheshire Lad

Post by Cheshire Lad »

M & S Sausages are hard to beat.

They have the Cumberland variety, and also Chipolata. A tad pricey, but well worth it. ( L’Oreal)

CL
Suetal

Post by Suetal »

Hi
Koilios Butchers , they do all different kinds are are delicious
Sue
daveg

Post by daveg »

Surprisingly enough I enjoy the English sausages from Paps....
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

You could try the East London Sausage company on the Coral Bay road.

I think they sell sausages ;)

(they do, and they're pretty good)
memory man

Post by memory man »

How to cook sausages.

MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Worth the travelling (or if you are in the area) but our local butcher in Argaka, who used to work at Kolios, sells very high quality meat and his homemade Cumberland sausages are lovely. The Leontios Meat Market is on the coast road about two hundred metres past the Turtle Tavern but on the opposite side of the road. Lots of my local friends used to trek down to Kolios but don’t bother any more.

https://www.facebook.com/leontios.theodorou.1
Oxfordboy

Post by Oxfordboy »

daveg wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:52 pm Surprisingly enough I enjoy the English sausages from Paps....
Not at all surprised. Our favourite sausages are actually the "Snack" brand English Chipolatas which we buy in Paps.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

DavidatLWH wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:54 pm You could try the East London Sausage company on the Coral Bay road.

I think they sell sausages ;)

(they do, and they're pretty good)
Apparently they are now closed down
https://www.facebook.com/EastLondonSausageCY/
David
WHL

Post by WHL »

Wife gets skins from the butcher and makes her own, fantastic taste and you know what ingredients have gone into them
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Well as a Yellowbellie, I know that the very best sausage in the WORLD (my opinion) is the famous LINCOLN sausages. I buy them here, and they taste just like they should do. YUMMY.
All things are possible
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

WHL

That’s probably a wise move, I think Factory produced sausages will be fairly safe due to Hygiene laws etc but the private Butcher is a different thing, I had a mate worked in a well known Sunderland Butchers and he swore blind that there was pigs lips and any other soft meat put through the Mincer to make them, They probably tasted lovely but its just the thought.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

In one of my cycling trips around France I had what I referred to as an "honest sausage". Basically, it was a home made one that hadn't been minced very well, and yes, it did have an eyelid in it.

I didn't finish eating it.

I ordered Steak Tartar once by mistake too.

Bloody phrase books.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Back in the day I had the misfortune to go around a manufacturer of pies and sausages in London, you wouldn't believe the crap meat that, was being shoveled in the machine at one end, then hay presto, someone added a nice pink powder , and the meat came out lovely and fresh looking, never ate a bought pie or sausage again,
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

WHL wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:19 pm Back in the day I had the misfortune to go around a manufacturer of pies and sausages in London, you wouldn't believe the crap meat that, was being shoveled in the machine at one end, then hay presto, someone added a nice pink powder , and the meat came out lovely and fresh looking, never ate a bought pie or sausage again,
My Dad was a Plumber and was sent to do a job at Country Foods where they processed chickens, he was so horrified the way the chickens were treated we never ate chicken in our house ever again.

Jim