Paphos: Eight arrested for disturbing the peace

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Paphos: Eight arrested for disturbing the peace

Post by Paphos Life »

Police in Paphos have arrested eight people for disturbing the peace. All eight are understood to be foreign nationals.In an announcement police said that at 8 pm on Sunday night they were notified of a fight in Paphos....

Read the article and chat about it below...
Kili01

Re: Paphos: Eight arrested for disturbing the peace

Post by Kili01 »

Article doesn't say what Nationalities these people were, but it does point out the importance of being properly registered with Immigration. After Dec31st, UK will have left the EU and we will become 3rd Country Nationals here.
If it'like what went in here before Cyprus joined the EU, the Immigration Dept may be more difficult to deal with than it can be now.which is a very important reason to make sure that all living here have at least an MEU1 and those resident here over 5 yrs an MEU3.

The BHC are still saying that there are approx 31,000 Brits who still haven't done this..

Dee
jeba

Post by jeba »

Four were arrested on the spot for being drunk
Can you really be arrested just for being drunk?
memory man

Post by memory man »

jeba wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:26 am
Can you really be arrested just for being drunk?

Being drunk is not a crime in the Republic of Cyprus but it can be a punishable offence in connection with other crimes, such as public disturbance.

SAYS SO HERE
Varky

Post by Varky »

Austin7 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:22 am
Kili01 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:03 am After Dec31st, UK will have left the EU
The UK left the EU on 31st January 2020.
If you want to be pedantic on December 31st 2020 will have left the EU. The original post does not say that December 31st 2020 will be the date when the UK left the EU.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Dee is correct, the police have used CV19 to check on registration of foreigners and a large number who were in country illegally have been arrested. British citizens will become TCNs on the 1st January will be liable for arrest if they do not have the correct documentation.

Jim
Varky

Post by Varky »

Austin7 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:03 pm
Varky wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:49 pm
Austin7 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:22 am
The UK left the EU on 31st January 2020.
If you want to be pedantic on December 31st 2020 will have left the EU. The original post does not say that December 31st 2020 will be the date when the UK left the EU.
I'd rather be pedantic than confusing, by your reckoning you can say on 24th July 2024 will have left EU - accurate, yes, but still confusing! 8-)
Exactly! You should read and understand fully what others are posting and not criticise without reading carefully.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Austin 7 it seems from your last post that you still don't understand what I wrote!
Yes, the UK left the EU on the 31 Jan2020. But we are in the transition period now when we are still protected by EU law. This period of time Was meant to allow the UK Extra time to negotiate a proper trade treaty with the EU states, before the UK leaves formally on the 31st Dec. unfortunately, our current and inept Government are reported to be making little or no progress in doing this. Whether we leave with a hard or a soft Brexit, after this expat Brits in EU countries will lose the support of being EU citizens, and will become Third Country nationals. That is why it us so important for us all to have got our MEU1 or MEU 3 (if eligible) forms now.
Hope you now understand?
Dee
Varky

Post by Varky »

Austin7 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:57 pm
Varky wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:14 pm
Austin7 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:03 pm I'd rather be pedantic than confusing, by your reckoning you can say on 24th July 2024 will have left EU - accurate, yes, but still confusing! 8-)
Exactly! You should read and understand fully what others are posting and not criticise without reading carefully.
That stupid reaction of yours doesn't deserve my comment! :twisted:
But you couldn't resist the urge so to do. :lol:
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Austin7
We have been round this buoy before. Similar thing to a dog with a bone , in that you are hanging on to it.
Dee
Varky

Post by Varky »

Austin7 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:44 am It's not my fault, I just made a simple 'truthful' one line statement which everyone keeps bringing up again and again, and now here you are doing it yet again. Let it go! :twisted:
Not quite the whole story, as you well know. You inferred that a posting was incorrect when it was not.
We'll see if you can let this go? :lol:
Lucky Lady

Post by Lucky Lady »

I thought this post was supposed to be about the people arrested for disturbing the peace - instead it has been hijacked by people who are being , in my opinion, extremely rude, and have an agenda. Don't forget, this forum is not about people bashing, it is supposed to be friendly and informative.
Perhaps these posts referring to when the UK leaves (or has left) the EU should be moved to the Political forum.