Guests

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
lotus

Guests

Post by lotus »

This is aimed for Dominic really,and no it's not a moan,looking at the forum there always seem to be a large amount of guests looking,obviously not members,can't you persuade them to join,I know my partner tried joining a while ago but had no reply from you so gave up,it would be nice to have some fresh blood as it were to hear their comments and for them to post new topics
JimX

Re: Guests

Post by JimX »

All forums have this lotus, it maybe just people looking in, or it maybe they have not logged in if they are indeed members.I guess many members are old blood as you say but they usually have more information to offer.
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

And I am logged in all the time whether I am actually on the site or not ..
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Likewise, I only log in to post a comment.
I prefer never to have access to more than one site at a time so log on/off every session.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Sorry, only just seen this.

It is possible on a forum to limit the access that guest accounts have. I could for instance disable images for guests, or hide some sections. However, when I set up the forum I chose not to, as it irritates me when I look at a forum and can't see everything without logging on. It's literally just a check box in the forum software though.

Also, the figures for users online are all a bit wonky on phpBB forums. Apparantly, there are over 145 people viewing the forum at this moment (11:37PM). Now admitedly, that is 145 people who have looked at forum pages in the last 5 minutes, but that is still a dubiously high figure.

Compare that to Google Analytics. Their live report states that that there are in fact 6 people on the forum at the moment. There are actually more people looking at the Cyprus Flight News Article I posted on the main site.

The google analytic live report can be quite interesting when a blog gets posted. However, I long ago learned not to conclude too much from the numbers.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.