Lowest 2-monthly EAC electricity bill ever....(E 11.13)

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Lowest 2-monthly EAC electricity bill ever....(E 11.13)

Post by cyprusmax47 »

I received via e-mail my EAC bill and was not really surprised that it was much lower than in previous time as they changed their tariff recently.
On top came the "Corona" discount, which is not much, but when you have no consumption, what you expect.... :)

I tried in the last two month that my loads did not exceed what I am producing from the sun at the time. For example pool pump not running when I was cooking or not too many air-cons together with the pool etc etc. If I had a larger PV system installed in the first place, it would not matter so much though.
I wonder how the bills are from other members who own also a net-metering PV system and perhaps have even a solar pool pump running...

Max
Anarita John

Re: Lowest 2-monthly EAC electricity bill ever....(E 11.13)

Post by Anarita John »

Last year we used 500 kwh for our 12/03/20 bill. Cost €109. €year we used 491 units through the meter and approximately 269 solar units, making a total of 760 units. This years cost €25.01.

However, this bimonthly period is the one when least amount of electricity is used, along with the October/November period.

Like Max, we are now using electric during the day so we do not use as much through the meter. Therefore our next bill should show less units going through the meter and more solar units used.

During the heat wave week in May, when we used the aircon at night both in the bedroom and living areas, we used 89 units through the meter and 59 solar units in 7 days. Without net metering, over the bimonthly period, using last years prices, this would cost €283. With net metering, €40.

For every unit we use through the meter, we now pay €0.0428519 per unit, including VAT. Our bimonthly charges are now €6.85 inc VAT. For us, this is a much better system than the old set charge for net metering of €50.29.

If you have the money to invest in a net metering system, I would highly recommend one, especially as interest rates are so low, so having money in the bank is a waste of time. For low users of electric, like ourselves, the new system of charging is much fairer. Plus, the system will pay for itself.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I don't count or check anything, got the bill yesterday and it was €30. I paid it on line this morning.

Jim
jeba

Post by jeba »

Anarita John wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:34 am Plus, the system will pay for itself.
If it´s working properly. Which is a big IF. I had lots of problems. E.g. after a thunderstorm the fuse tripped when I was out of the country so there was no production for more than 2 months. Or regularly the system failed because the voltage in the public grid was too high. It took the company which installed the system a full year to figure this out as the system itself was ok everytime they checked. Now the EAC tried to solve the problem but it still happens - not as often though.
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

We have had no problems with our system whatsoever. Our solar edge inverter is connected to the internet so that I can monitor our production each day.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

I had the same problem with EAC delivering too high voltage. It took only one check at the inverter display to see the voltage from the grid is far too high with 252v. and a phone call to them to adjust the transformer next to me. What was more annoying than the few kWh's I lost was the fact that some household appliances died with this high voltage (hoover, battery charger), but this has nothing to do with PV.

Max
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

During the recent 40C heatwave I was only exporting 6kWh whereas prior and since, its around the 20kWh. Andisolartech advised me to check the network voltage. It was too low!
jeba

Post by jeba »

The problem was that voltage fluctuated so it wasn´t easy to detect that it was too high.