Ministry clarifies entertainment venues not reopening on June 9

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Ministry clarifies entertainment venues not reopening on June 9

Post by Paphos Life »

Night clubs and discos are not included on the list of establishments allowed to reopen on June 9, the Health Ministry has clarified.Cabinet yesterday gave the green light for phase three of the relaxation of restrictions, including allowing catering establishments to operate inside from June 9....

Read the article and chat about it below...
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Ministry clarifies entertainment venues not reopening on June 9

Post by Dominic »

I know you were all desperate to go out to an all-night rave but you will have to wait a bit...
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I would guess this includes cinemas?

Jim
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

It seems sensible not to reopen nightclubs or discos where people wouldn't be able to socially distance themselves... also some of them emit excessive decibels at times when people are trying to sleep.

Dee
chris&pam

Post by chris&pam »

While truely sorry for anyone who has suffered or lost a loved one during this pandemic the one plus to it is that life became quieter and calmer these last couple of months. A lot less traffic roaring through our village, no inconsiderate parking. And probably best of all, no quiz master at the local boozer thinking that the whole village wanted to take part in his quiz by loudspeakering it out for all to hear :o
WHL

Post by WHL »

chris&pam wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:17 am While truely sorry for anyone who has suffered or lost a loved one during this pandemic the one plus to it is that life became quieter and calmer these last couple of months. A lot less traffic roaring through our village, no inconsiderate parking. And probably best of all, no quiz master at the local boozer thinking that the whole village wanted to take part in his quiz by loudspeakering it out for all to hear :o
Is this a wind up :roll:
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Unless and until a law is passed regarding the max number of decibels which are permitted and the police have the equipment to register the sound emitted, they can't prosecute them properly.
I know that some places make far too much noise. The only advice Is before renting or buying an apartment, visit the area at night and check this for yourself. Also check if there is noise from dogs barking which is another noise hazard.
Dee
tonee

Post by tonee »

So,Mouse,do you still have live entertainment at your establishment? ;)
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

No he doesn't, he is closed until August I believe .. However I have been when there has been live entertainment at his restaurant. There is no way you could say it was loud ie disturbing the neighbourhood . We had to ask for the sliding windows to be opened a bit to hear the songs
Trev..