Andre Rieu

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Uncle D

Re: Andre Rieu

Post by Uncle D »

But hopefully he will pull through this crisis with the help of his $40 million fortune ;)
David
WHL

Post by WHL »

Uncle D wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:43 am But hopefully he will pull through this crisis with the help of his $40 million fortune ;)
The guy has given millions and millions, who have seen his concerts great pleasure, my wife and I included, and he deserves every cent, but im guessing your estimate of $40 million fortune, is way out, I would imagine that his fortune is far larger then that, cheers.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Not bad for a covers artist
David
WHL

Post by WHL »

Uncle D wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:06 am Not bad for a covers artist
Cheap shot :roll:

But to understand your strange logic, every opera singer, ever musician, every orchestra, who plays classical music is a cover artist.
Last edited by WHL on Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

WHL wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:16 am
Uncle D wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:06 am Not bad for a covers artist
But to understand your strange logic, every opera singer, ever musician, every orchestra, who plays classical music is a cover artist.
All I pointed out originally was that he wont be financially devastated like some people.
You have took this as an attack on his talent and the pleasure that he has given millions which I don't doubt.
The truth is he like any other Orchestra etc is a covers artist.
David
cactus

Post by cactus »

He is really the new James Last. And there is nothing wrong with that. Growing up in the sixties and seventies I had a healthy disrespect for anything my parents liked and James Last was the target of most of my scorn. My parents bribed and drugged me and dragged me to see him at the Albert Hall and I was amazed to see that nearly everyone who had a record in the charts at the time comprised his backing group. It was one of the best nights of my life (don't tell me dad!) and I've never forgotten it. Great music performed by great musicians is a treat for all of us, to which anyone who has been subjected to these dreadful karaoke "performers" that appear to be all we deserve will attest. I hope.