Cyprus to pay for Holidays of infected tourists ..

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Cyprus to pay for Holidays of infected tourists ..

Post by trevnhil »

Cyprus has pledged to cover the holiday costs of anyone who tests positive for the virus after travelling here ...

In a letter made public on Wednesday, the government said it would pay for accommodation, medicine and food for patients and their families.

Tourists "will only need to bear the cost of their airport transfer and repatriation flight".

It is part of a package of measures aimed at drawing visitors back to the island, which has reported few cases.
Trev..
trevnhil

Re: Cyprus to pay for Holidays of infected tourists ..

Post by trevnhil »

I just used 'Cut and Paste' from the article.. The words 'Free Holiday' are not there..
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

From this link: https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/new ... d-tourists

''...the Cypriot government says it will cover lodging, food, drink and medication for COVID-19 patients and their families. Patients will only have to pay for the taxi ride to the airport and the flight back home.

A 100-bed hospital will cater exclusively to foreign travelers who test positive. About 112 intensive care units equipped with 200 respirators will be reserved for critically-ill patients. A 500-room “quarantine hotel” will be reserved for patients’ family members and other close contacts''.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

From the same article this quote has made me happy having read a comment by a person on a FB group who announced he was going to buy a ticket from UK to Bulgaria and then a ticket from Bulgaria to Cyprus:

''Tourists will also have to fill out a “COVID-19 Traveler Declaration” stating all their travels 14 days prior to their Cyprus trip and that they have neither shown any coronavirus symptoms for 72 hours before departure nor that they have been in contact with infected people 14 days before''.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Well its good that the Cyprus Govt seem to be well prepared for potential increases In the number of Covid 19 cases from travellers. We will still have to bear in mind that these people will be around in shops and restaurants, tavernas and bars etc unless they are also encouraging people to go 'all inclusive' at their hotels.

But Cyprus badly needs the increases generated by tourists spending,
Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

galexinda wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:05 am From the same article this quote has made me happy having read a comment by a person on a FB group who announced he was going to buy a ticket from UK to Bulgaria and then a ticket from Bulgaria to Cyprus:

''Tourists will also have to fill out a “COVID-19 Traveler Declaration” stating all their travels 14 days prior to their Cyprus trip and that they have neither shown any coronavirus symptoms for 72 hours before departure nor that they have been in contact with infected people 14 days before''.
Talking to a thick mate of mine,who lives in London, and wants to come on holiday here, he said he would fool the immigration in Larnaca, by flying to Greece first and then take another flight to Larnaca, thus Einstein thinks he will trick them,, then I reminded the idiot, that as soon as the immigration officer scans his passport his cunning plan would fail.... I gave up after a while, because he kept insisting that it wouldn't show up....you can take a horse to water and all that. :roll:
kansas

Post by kansas »

My wife and I have already discussed the implications of a possible second wave of the virus, have decided that as we got so used to being in lock down it would be easy enough to self isolate again if necessary. We've already decided that we won't be flying anywhere for at least a year. We're happy in our own little bit of paradise until things settle down more worldwide.