MEU I

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
barry.shattock

MEU I

Post by barry.shattock »

:?: Long Shot.....but I have to supply proof of "sufficient funds" for the MEU I application.
My "sufficient funds are however on a German Bank account ! Does anyone know if they immigration office will insist on having a bank statement "translated" into English or Greek ?
Best Regards
Kili01

Re: MEU I

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, you usually have to,prove that you have sufficient funds to support yourself. Yes, you must provide all documentation With a translation in English or Greek. If you go to the Immigration Dept they will give you a list of what you will need to bring with you and will give you an appointment date and time.

Dee
barry.shattock

Post by barry.shattock »

Cheers !
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

The point is that you have to show that you have sufficient funds somewhere. We have MEU1's but keep only a modest amount in our BoC account (€1000-2000) Our main accounts are in the UK. When we applied for an MEU1 we had to get certified (from the bank) copies of the last few months BoC statements, plus uncertified copies (copied by us) of our UK accounts. Immigration perfectly happy with these. No translations necessary.
jeba

Post by jeba »

According to Immigration in Larnaca sufficient funds mean at least € 20,000 or safe income (e. g. pension or rental income) of € 800/month. € 10,000 plus € 400/month would also do the trick. That was info as of last year when I inquired on behalf of my neighbour.
I submitted German bank statements fresh from the printer with no translation and they were good enough. That was back in 2016 though.
It seems to me that different districts may have different rules as in 2016 I had been told you need at least € 30000 or € 1000/month. But that was on an internet forum only, not from the horse´s mouth. Of course, that info could have been wrong.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

The point here is that the rules and the amount of money you need to show that is available to support you living in Cyprus must satisfy the Immigration Officer. They seem to be a law unto them selves sometimes. Check this out when you visit Immigration to make an appointment.

Dee
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Oh dear,,Cyprus is getting more like the UK every day where you have to poove you are self sufficient to get in,,,,,sorry!!
Oxfordboy

Post by Oxfordboy »

Chaddy wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:58 am Oh dear,,Cyprus is getting more like the UK every day where you have to poove you are self sufficient to get in,,,,,sorry!!
What a strange comment. You've always had to prove adequate income for legal residence here so why the comparison to the UK, and why would you be sorry?
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes. Chaddy's comment really surprised me. It's always been this way in the last 20 years or so!

Dee
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Chaddy wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:58 am Oh dear,,Cyprus is getting more like the UK every day where you have to poove you are self sufficient to get in,,,,,sorry!!

Nothing like the UK in any way shape or form. :mrgreen:
All things are possible
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Its a pity that the UK don't apply this rule vigorously to new arrivals. Too many seem to proceed straight to the social welfare and benefits.

Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

I think Chaddy was trying to say any Tom, Dick or Harry , can get into the UK and sponge of the state, I think he was trying to be sarcastic, if I read it wrong then I apologise,
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

WHL wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:28 pm I think Chaddy was trying to say any Tom, Dick or Harry , can get into the UK and sponge of the state, I think he was trying to be sarcastic, if I read it wrong then I apologise,
Thanks WHL, yes I suppose I was being a bit fly but worded it wrong,,,, a senior moment :(
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Chaddy,
that correction makes a lot more sense!
And Yes I agree with your sentiments.
UK has taken in enough Asylum seekers, economic migrants etc Which represent every race, skin colour and religious creed.
Maybe its time to drastically reduce this continual drain on the countries finances. The finances won't be in a good state anyway when Covid has finally left...

Dee
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Chaddy,
that correction makes a lot more sense!
And Yes I agree with your sentiments.
UK has taken in enough Asylum seekers, economic migrants etc Which represent every race, skin colour and religious creed.
Maybe its time to drastically reduce this continual drain on the countries finances. The finances won't be in a good state anyway when Covid has finally left...

Dee
memory man

Post by memory man »

Why do you keep double posting? :? :? :? :?
Varky

Post by Varky »

memory man wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:29 pm Why do you keep double posting? :? :? :? :?
He must be Irish. To be sure, to be sure!......Sorry.