Heat wave AC?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
JimX

Heat wave AC?

Post by JimX »

After this weeks heat wave we are considering a change for our lounge 2.5 AC unit that works but is very noisy, can any member recommend a quiet AC that runs at 2500 BTUs? have considered a Samsung unit expensive but has the latest technology, split heat/cool. cheers.
Jim.
Cactuslil

Re: Heat wave AC?

Post by Cactuslil »

We bought 2 new Samsung units last year & what a difference they make. As you say, not cheap but very pleased with them. We got very good service from Savvas Eracleous on Polis Rd.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I bought 3 new Pitsos invertor aircons last year, for the large open plan living space, plus the 2 bedrooms. I took their advice as to the correct sizes ;BTU's-needed for each.
They have all performed brilliantly through the recent heatwave. They are cheaper than Samsung which I had planned to buy. They are easy to programme and in operation are whisper quiet. They made the heatwave much more bearable as the house was cool.
Well worth considering.
Dee
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Green Air installed last year a Daikin 24.000 Btu in my friends villa and you can hardly hear it running (ca 21dBA). Important was that the indoor unit has the same size than the previous model to avoid drilling or show the old boreholes. It is running more or less permanently since installed, to keep the humidity down to 45% RH, when he had a large problem after last years winter rains in his Bungalow and mould was growing everywhere.

Max
emgee

Post by emgee »

I replaced 5 Air Con units with Bosch units. Very pleased, got 'em from CMC in Pafos. Their man came round, did an on-site inspection and recommended sizes but not manufacturer.
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

Hi Jim
I had a 12000btu gree unit fitted last year, its superb, the company who fitted it are from Larnaca, I found them thru Steves eastern board, where they were highly recommended.
The Guy who owns the company is British & really knows his stuff.
See my original post here about it
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10206&p=97607#p97607
Jamboal

Post by Jamboal »

In November we had Toyotomi units installed when we moved apartment previously had Mistibushi units in our old apartment, not the cheapest, our installer measured BTU’s as per room size. Efficient to run, has quiet mode along with WiFi etc. Very pleased with them.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Thanks all, will consider all replies I was going into Lloyds outlet, but I will check them out soon..

many thanks all.
Last edited by JimX on Mon May 25, 2020 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim.
kansas

Post by kansas »

Green Air installed 3 x LG Dual Inverters last Autumn to replace our rather noisy old ones. Not only are they much cheaper to run but also provide great heat during in the winter with the added advantage of acting as dehumidifiers. Our winter heating bill was much lower than the previous year when we used not only the old aircon units for heating but also a variety of wall heaters. During the last winter we only really needed the LG's. Can definitely recommend them and wish we'd installed them earlier. Can also recommend Green Air as providers and installers.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

kansas wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:23 am Green Air installed 3 x LG Dual Inverters last Autumn to replace our rather noisy old ones. Not only are they much cheaper to run but also provide great heat during in the winter with the added advantage of acting as dehumidifiers. Our winter heating bill was much lower than the previous year when we used not only the old aircon units for heating but also a variety of wall heaters. During the last winter we only really needed the LG's. Can definitely recommend them and wish we'd installed them earlier. Can also recommend Green Air as providers and installers.
At least, you are the first member on here, to recommend Green Air, which is a main sponsor on PL. All the other posts recommend companies which aren't.....(sponsors)

Max
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Apart from yourself Max, and of course you are also a member ;-) ..
Trev..
memory man

Post by memory man »

Are other recommendations not allowed max?

Surely it's fair to get varying suggestions from
other customers.
kansas

Post by kansas »

Totally agree, get various recommendations/quotes. We hadn't realised that Green Air was a sponsor. We had some specific questions and requirements so we popped in to see them and they were able to help us.
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

Pm sent Jim
JimX

Post by JimX »

Thanks Alan PM appreciated.
Jim.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

We bought eight LG units from Green Air after shopping around in many of the places mentioned above. They were more competatively priced and we've had a very good after sales service on our solar panels and solar pool pump.

Jim
kansas

Post by kansas »

Yep Jim, agree, that's why we chose them. Just a small thing like painting the area left when the old units were removed and before the new ones were fitted made the difference, and attaching the hoses to the house wall rather than leave them lying on on the shared flat roof was also helpful, i.e. going the extra mile.
Cornelia

Post by Cornelia »

Green Air is our home supplier for some years now: pool, Solar poolpump, Solar net metering, Solar boiler, airco's, etc. Very happy with this company. Our airco's are LG and Daikin and we are very satisfied.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Daiken are the air con of choice for many of the major companies and were at one time very expensive but recently brought out a domestic range which is more competitively priced against other manufacturers.

Jim
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

When people ask for recommendations, please recommend whoever you want to recommend, provided you have used their service.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.