Escaped

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paul

Escaped

Post by Paul »

We have escaped from our coldiz and been to the letymbou tavern for lunch.
there where quite a few people in there and the owners where happy to see use all.
trevnhil

Re: Escaped

Post by trevnhil »

Paul & Lesley wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:27 pm We have escaped from our coldiz and been to the letymbou tavern for lunch.
there where quite a few people in there and the owners where happy to see use all.
Hopefully you mean outside and not inside ;-)

My wife is still not ready to risk going out at all yet :-(
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Trev, Judging from what I keep reading this may be the new normal as scientists seem to think that Covid may well 'hang around for a while, so wearing a mask when out, except when eating out, and social distancing may be something which we will have to get used to. At least we are far luckier than people in the UK, in that we are doing much better here and more and more things will open. At least as its summer we can take advantage of sitting outside at tables..
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I agree with all that you say Dee, and I hope that the outside tables have some shade in all this heat. :-)
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Perhaps you can persuade her to go out for an early Supper when the sunShine is more pleasant.Places like the Olive Tree have plenty of outside shaded tables by about 6.30 ish...
Good luck!

Dee😊
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Well if the sun is too hot-at lunchtime, how about the early evening? The Olive Tree has plenty of shaded tables by about 6.30

Good luck!

Dee😊
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We will see, when she feels ready or confident to go out :-)
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

We drove past Letymbou Tavern this afternoon. They appear to have opened up the side bit too to get more seats.

As one of our tribe has a dodgy immune system we shall be sticking to takeaways for the time being, and watching the corona stats with interest. It is nice to see places opening up again though.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

We will give it a month or more before going out to eat , ..don't see the sense of wearing a mask going shopping, and not wearing one while sitting next to people,,,,,,,,,,, plenty of food at home, rather then looking over your shoulder, wondering if the people at the next table are safe or not, don't need the stress.
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

1BD47B9F-95D5-4DCD-87E4-1DEA30F07A95.jpeg
1BD47B9F-95D5-4DCD-87E4-1DEA30F07A95.jpeg (219.63 KiB) Viewed 4836 times
Outside eating area expanded
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

WHL wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:46 pm We will give it a month or more before going out to eat , ..don't see the sense of wearing a mask going shopping, and not wearing one while sitting next to people,,,,,,,,,,, plenty of food at home, rather then looking over your shoulder, wondering if the people at the next table are safe or not, don't need the stress.
The restaurants and other eateries have to comply with distancing regulations stipulated by the govt. Tables are further apart than previously.
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

We will watch and wait for some time yet.
All things are possible
WHL

Post by WHL »

PW in Polemi wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:37 am
WHL wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:46 pm We will give it a month or more before going out to eat , ..don't see the sense of wearing a mask going shopping, and not wearing one while sitting next to people,,,,,,,,,,, plenty of food at home, rather then looking over your shoulder, wondering if the people at the next table are safe or not, don't need the stress.
The restaurants and other eateries have to comply with distancing regulations stipulated by the govt. Tables are further apart than previously.
I take your point, but with fans blowing all over the place, in my simplistic view, if the table next to you, have the virus, what's to stop the fan , blowing it all over you, as ive said I don't see the point of wearing a mask in the shops, bank etc and sitting a few feet away from someone not wearing one, each to therir own, but my wife has some health issues, and we can go with out eating out for a month or two more.
Galini

Post by Galini »

I am pleased for all of the people that needed to get back to earning a living but I am quite happy in my splendid isolation, or as I prefer to think of it, my peaceful refuge :)
This time has opened my eyes to the fact that the so-called 'normal' life before was filled with a lot of rushing around doing other people's bidding or to keep other people happy rather than doing what really pleases ME so I intend to make a conscious effort to do things differently from now on.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

We went out to Tweedies last night. Tables were well spaced, staff masked and gloved and it was just so good to indulge in one of my favourite past times! Businesses are struggling so I do think it's important to try and support them as much as we can. I appreciate some aren't comfortable, but I really appreciated being cooked for after so many weeks in my own kitchen. Not a big hardship i realise before anyone comments!
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Austin7 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:20 am
Jimgym wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:23 amWe went out to Tweedies last night.
Now you are making me feel jealous, always was our favourite restaurant.
Sorry! It was lovely to be back there, the food was as good as ever. I do think it's important to support local places as much as possible but understand why some are reluctant to go out.
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Jimgym wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:23 am We went out to Tweedies last night. Tables were well spaced, staff masked and gloved and it was just so good to indulge in one of my favourite past times! Businesses are struggling so I do think it's important to try and support them as much as we can. I appreciate some aren't comfortable, but I really appreciated being cooked for after so many weeks in my own kitchen. Not a big hardship i realise before anyone comments!
Where is Tweedies outside area?
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

DavidatLWH wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:09 pm
Jimgym wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:23 am We went out to Tweedies last night. Tables were well spaced, staff masked and gloved and it was just so good to indulge in one of my favourite past times! Businesses are struggling so I do think it's important to try and support them as much as we can. I appreciate some aren't comfortable, but I really appreciated being cooked for after so many weeks in my own kitchen. Not a big hardship i realise before anyone comments!
Where is Tweedies outside area?
It's right next to restaurant, up the side street. A lovely garden area.
Lazydaze52

Post by Lazydaze52 »

Had a lovely meal last night at our local Italian restaurant in Mandria. All new procedures in place, they have printed out their menus and put them beneath the glass tabletops. Quite quiet in all the tavernas here but that could have been because it was a cool/windy evening.

Personally we’re going out to eat as normal, support the local businesses etc, plus I hate cooking every night!

Each to his own and all that but I think this is the safest time to go out, before tourists arrive from other countries.
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

[/quote]

I'm not reluctant to go out but since I lost my wife a couple of years ago I don't fancy going out on my own. I always go out to eat when my boys are over which hopefully will happen later this year. Tweedies will be one of my destinations. 8-)
[/quote]

I may have missed a post from you AR, or maybe not? However, I am so sorry to have heard of your loss . . . . .only now. My thoughts are with you Boyo. X

Maggie