Help with Laptop win 10 problem

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Uncle D

Re: Help with Laptop win 10 problem

Post by Uncle D »

aphrodite wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:11 pm
Uncle D wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:06 pm Sounds to me that your car should be the priority not the laptop
Why? I’ve already explained the risk to me is too high so cannot leave the house??
Strange, only yesterday you wanted to know about restrictions being lifted and going out for a drive
David
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Funny on the subject of going back to a previous version , that is exactly what the brain does . When damaged, the brain repairs itself by going back to an embryonic state .

https://health.ucsd.edu/news/releases/P ... nning.aspx
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I had to abandon my previous fairlv elderly windows computer. It simply couldn't manage Windows 10. I didn't like the way that Microsoft made me download new updates.
Anyway, I've scrapped that lap top and now have a MacBook instead...

Dee
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I'll believe you Lloyd, but I was perfectly happy with Windows 7! Never wanted to advance any further! I went to Computer SOS, who couldn't install Windows 10 on it.Said it was too slow. I was very strongly advised to buy this or that new windows Computer..
But I am mucb happier with my iPad and iPhone. So the transition to a Macbook seemed the next logical step. All Apple devices 'speak' to each other which is also useful.

Dee
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

aphrodite wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:32 pm
trevnhil wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:15 pm Or..... Just pop into SOS computers with it :-)
I really wish I could as nothing is working but as I said in my original post, I’m advised not to leave the house or mix with others. Also, my car not working. I’ve gone through all the advance options, including the command prompt. I don’t have anyone to help to take to SOS.

Frustrating as I have stuff on there I need to send urgently to U.K. that I’ve been working on for weeks. I’m truly stuck! Boo bloody hoo
Hvae you found anyone who can take computer to shop? If not and you aren't too far from Peyia, I am happy to collect and drop it off at SOS.
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

Jimgym wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:06 pm
trevnhil wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:15 pm Or..... Just pop into SOS computers with it :-)
I really wish I could as nothing is working but as I said in my original post, I’m advised not to leave the house or mix with others. Also, my car not working. I’ve gone through all the advance options, including the command prompt. I don’t have anyone to help to take to SOS.

Frustrating as I have stuff on there I need to send urgently to U.K. that I’ve been working on for weeks. I’m truly stuck! Boo bloody hoo
Hvae you found anyone who can take computer to shop? If not and you aren't too far from Peyia, I am happy to collect and drop it off at SOS.
Thank you Jimgym, that is very nice of you to make that offer.

I’m hoping to get my car started early tomorrow and I’ve made arrangements with Brian so I don’t have to go into the shop.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

No worries! Just let me know if you need anything, happy to help 👍
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

Jimgym wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:06 pm
What a lovely offer of help.

MB
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

Jimgym wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:40 pm No worries! Just let me know if you need anything, happy to help 👍
Thank you again, a very kind gesture ❤️
aphrodite

Re: Help with Laptop win 10 problem : Update

Post by aphrodite »

I would just like to say thank you to those of you who offered help and constructive suggestions to my laptop problem.

I managed to get the laptop to Brian SOS but sadly the hard disk was completely trashed and ended up having to buy another laptop. ☹️ :D
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

Out of all bad comes good Aphrodite.😁 I bet you're going to love your new laptop. I am heading your way with my old steam driven all-in-one PC at the moment.

Maggie B
Last edited by Maggie B on Wed May 27, 2020 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Glad you got it sorted!
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

👍