Coronavirus: "Cyprus ready to reopen doors to tourists from June 15" (Updated)

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Coronavirus: "Cyprus ready to reopen doors to tourists from June 15" (Updated)

Post by Paphos Life »

Cyprus will be ready reopen its doors to tourists from June 15 once the protocols for tourism are implemented, the Chairman of the House commerce committee said on Tuesday.Cyprus hopes to recoup around 30 per cent of last year???s arrival numbers....

Read the article and chat about it below...
Yioula

Re: Coronavirus: "Cyprus ready to reopen doors to tourists from June 15" (Updated)

Post by Yioula »

I’m amazed that this hasn’t had a one forum response.........is it silence speaks volumes!!
trevnhil

Re: Coronavirus: "Cyprus ready to reopen doors to tourists from June 15" (Updated)

Post by trevnhil »

I suppose if it is not mentioned you should consider the before 10 am slot is still in operation..
But i have started going to some shops as soon as they open ..
Trev..
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Yes it is in the wrong thread... Sorry about that maybe Dominic will delete there comments
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Will everything be ready by then? What about the airports not slated1 to re open till July, I Ithought? Also we need a resumption of flights to get people here!

Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

It is a real problem for people like our family members who are booked to come to Coral Bay in around 4 weeks time.
Some days it seems definite that they will not be coming, as hotels will not be open or if they are they will have to be in quarantine.
On other days we read that the hotels could be open and holiday makers will be here..
Of course in the UK the holiday company are still waiting to see what happens and of course are not cancelling the holiday. So, as yet our family cannot claim a refund ..
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

It seems the first phase of tourism, will be low risk countries like, Greece, Austria, Israel, Malta, then more countries that fall into the low risk will be added
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

CyBC told us yesterday : "A decision on the airports is expected to be announced on Friday with CyBC reporting last night they could be reopened on June 9 with visitors from Israel and Greece set to be the first to get the green light."

Source: CMail

Max
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

But the hoteliers have said that without British tourists coming here the hotels won''t be viable in terms of numbers required? But I can see that giving the UK the green light at the moment would be problematical...

Dee
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

They have to do something, and quickly. There are so many people and businesses who depend on tourism. As I've sid before though, there are no easy solutions and whichever way the decision goes, some people won't be happy.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

According to this report the U.K. will not be clear until August 14th . But this study was done in April , it looks like they have the date correct for Cyprus....who knows ? I do not think people from the U.K. will be allowed to come to Cyprus for a long while .

A Singapore University of Technology and Design study published on April 28 predicts the lifecycle of the Coronavirus pandemic in many countries, including Cyprus.

According to the findings, the pandemic peaked in Cyprus on April 5, while the virus is reported to have left the community by a rate of 97% on April 29.

The University predicts that by May 8 that percentage will reach 99% in Cyprus and will reach 100% on May 24.

The study reports that the pandemic will disappear from the planet by December 9, 2020.

https://in-cyprus.philenews.com/study-w ... 87zuxBOjto
Last edited by Mrblobby on Thu May 21, 2020 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
bellavista

Post by bellavista »

Here in the UK we still have an advisory against foreign travel , and a quarantine that may be announced soon for travellers back into the UK from most countries . I don’t think we’ll be going anywhere soon . On a positive note infection rates are falling at last and we have had great weather for the most part . It will seem like a holiday to us when we can have family gatherings again and give the grandchildren a hug ! This will be the first time in 22 years we haven’t done our annual tour of Cyprus, unless things change by October of course.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

The UK has failed in every indicator, to deal with Covid and I can not see any countries being quick to welcome UK travelers when our infection rate is still too high and our testing and tracing will not work.

From todays' Mail;

Britain has the HIGHEST rate of excess deaths in Europe as figures show up to 55,000 more people have died in the UK this year than expected
Excess deaths in the UK are up nearly 70 per cent compared to five-year average
Belgium deaths are 57 per cent higher than normal and in Spain it's 44 per cent
Deaths up 39 per cent in Italy, 22 per cent in France and 7 per cent in Germany
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

Well if it,s In the Daily Mail it must be true .
Mind you according to the same newspaper UK has the highest number of obese people in Europe and BAMES in Europe and don’t forget countries record deaths differently as well around Europe but what did Disraeli say “ there are three types of lies - lies , damn lies and statistics “ and Mark Twain “ facts are stubborn but statistics are more pliable “
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Mike J

Good post, I don't believe that we will ever know the true numbers from any country.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Mike J wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:52 pm Well if it,s In the Daily Mail it must be true .
Mind you according to the same newspaper UK has the highest number of obese people in Europe and BAMES in Europe and don’t forget countries record deaths differently as well around Europe but what did Disraeli say “ there are three types of lies - lies , damn lies and statistics “ and Mark Twain “ facts are stubborn but statistics are more pliable “
Absolutely.....👏👏
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

O’Leary has got his planes ready , get you tickets now . ;)

https://www.thecyprusnow.com/ryan-air-t ... in-cyprus/
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Update , do not book the June flights ...uk not on the list . Surprise surprise .

https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/05/22/coro ... y-cabinet/
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

MrBlobby

I was due to fly out in June, luckily I hadn't booked flights when the virus struck.

Cyprus will re-open for visitors from selected countries based on the figures that they provide. Just hope that they have declared the true figures. That said, today I 'Googled' cases in Greece, and was surprised to see that of yesterday, their numbers of infection was still rising.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Help!