Lifting of restrictions

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
aphrodite

Lifting of restrictions

Post by aphrodite »

Hi

Can anyone please point me in the direction where it explains lifting of lockdown and specifically on going out, getting permission, how long, where we can go etc. Unfortunately it’s all gone over my head!
Uncle D

Re: Lifting of restrictions

Post by Uncle D »

You are allowed to go out via text 3 times per day.
From Thursday you do not need to text and can go out as often as you want, Restaurants and bars are also to reopen Thursday but only open outside areas with social distancing measures etc
David
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

The second phase of relaxation of measures against the spread of coronavirus starts on May 21 when all restrictions on movement will be lifted.

full article
https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/05/18/coro ... staurants/

Max
memory man

Post by memory man »

all restrictions on movement will be lifted.
I presume it includes the SMS & forms.
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

Uncle D wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:03 pm You are allowed to go out via text 3 times per day.
From Thursday you do not need to text and can go out as often as you want, Restaurants and bars are also to reopen Thursday but only open outside areas with social distancing measures etc
Thank you Uncle D, very helpful 🙂
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

cyprusmax47 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:08 pm The second phase of relaxation of measures against the spread of coronavirus starts on May 21 when all restrictions on movement will be lifted.

full article

Max
Thank you Max, that is what I’ve been looking for but i couldn’t find it in Cyprus Mail when I looked. I will be off out for a long drive on Thursday or Friday, once I get the car started, to recharge the battery.
memory man

Post by memory man »

Cabinet green-lights phase 2 of lockdown exit plan, beaches to open earlier

Phase two of the lockdown exit strategy will go ahead as planned on Thursday, with the government also bringing forward the opening of beaches to May 23.

This was announced by government spokesman Kyriakos Koushos after a meeting on Tuesday of the Council of Ministers.

He said that after taking into consideration the advice of the advisory team of scientists, cabinet had decided to reconfirm the activation of phase two of the relaxation of the restrictions, with some minor changes.

All relaxations are subject to compliance with all preventive measures and protocols issued by the Health Ministry, he added.

Organised beaches were due to open on June 1. This has been moved forward to May 23.

The same applies for religious worship where church services and other forms of religious worship in churches, mosques and other places of worship were due to be permitted from June 1 provided that protocols on hygiene, as determined by the Ministry of Health, are strictly adhered to. This too has been moved forward to May 23.

From Thursday May 21

Primary schools and lower secondary schools open. Lower secondary schools and nurseries remain closed.
Scrapping of restrictions on movement (8998 text service) and of night curfew (10 pm to 6 am)
Up to 10 people allowed to gather at houses
Free movement in parks (except children’s play areas). Groups must not exceed 10
Reopening of hairdressers salons, barbers, beauty centres, massage and tattoo centres
Reopening of catering establishments outdoors. Outdoors is defined as the areas where smoking is permitted. Groups should not exceed 10.

From Saturday, May 23

Church services and other forms of religious worship in churches, mosques and other places of worship are permitted, provided that protocols on hygiene, as determined by the Ministry of Health, are strictly adhered to. The same measures apply for weddings, christenings and funerals
Opening of beaches
Reopening of betting shops

From Monday June 1

Libraries
Museums
Archaeological sites
Ports with the exception of disembarkation of cruise passengers

Cabinet also decided to send a bill to parliament that will raise penalties for owners of businesses that violate the decrees and protocols. The fines will rise for increased offences

Koushios appealed to everyone to strictly adhere to protective measures.

https://in-cyprus.philenews.com/cabinet ... n-earlier/
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

aphrodite wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:28 pm
cyprusmax47 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:08 pm The second phase of relaxation of measures against the spread of coronavirus starts on May 21 when all restrictions on movement will be lifted.

full article

Max
Thank you Max, that is what I’ve been looking for but i couldn’t find it in Cyprus Mail when I looked. I will be off out for a long drive on Thursday or Friday, once I get the car started, to recharge the battery.

There are every day so many unimportant topics on here, while the really important ones get lost in the shuffle... :roll:

Max
memory man

Post by memory man »

What might be unimportant to some members, might be
important to other members.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Besides, Aphrodite was referring to the Cyprus Mail.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Meri2

Post by Meri2 »

Anyone know when the gyms will start/ open ?