B of C conundrum

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
J B

B of C conundrum

Post by J B »

A 'new kid on the block' on our complex bought one of the houses in January (?)

They have opened an account with B of C, just down the hill from George's Optical traffic lights.

They finalised everything on their last visit at the beginning of March and when BoC offered to post their bank cards, they said that they would collect them on their next visit in April.
The rest, of course, is history.

They are worried about accessing their account as they would like to pay their communal fees.
Sadly, they are also reluctant to use on-line banking, so are in a bit of a catch 22 situation.

Any brainwaves?? 🤔
J B
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: B of C conundrum

Post by Dominic »

Yes, tell them to use online banking.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
daveg

Post by daveg »

Never had a problem with online banking....
josef k

Post by josef k »

It may sound a bit harsh, but it is their problem not yours. Either they pay on time or incur whatever financial penalty your complex charges. Of course you may currently give everyone a payment holiday due to covid.

BOC operate telephone banking and online banking which are ideal for people not on the island who have charges to pay. If they are too old or infirm to deal with it, then they will have relatives who can. If they are opposed in principle, then they need to move into the 21st century.

I'm not usually such a heartless person, but I used to be "the committee" on a complex and got teed off with.... well I'll stop there.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Awwww, you were just getting interesting. :)
josef k

Post by josef k »

Sorry Dominic. A bit of a hobby horse of mine.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

No need to apologise at all.
J B

Post by J B »

They have not said that they are unable to pay - they only made contact as they didn't want to be non-conformists
We have a healthy bank balance and I'm sure that they would rectify the issue if pushed.
I use on-line banking both privately and also for the complex account, but I also know some people who 'don't trust it'
I've never met them, just spoken on the phone twice, don't think they are 'elderly' 😕
I know it's their problem, I was just trying to welcome them to the complex as CY newbies and offer advice as we've been going for quite a while!!!!

How do the they access 'telephone banking'
J B
darrow

Post by darrow »

J B wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:57 pm They have not said that they are unable to pay - they only made contact as they didn't want to be non-conformists
We have a healthy bank balance and I'm sure that they would rectify the issue if pushed.
I use on-line banking both privately and also for the complex account, but I also know some people who 'don't trust it'
I've never met them, just spoken on the phone twice, don't think they are 'elderly' 😕
I know it's their problem, I was just trying to welcome them to the complex as CY newbies and offer advice as we've been going for quite a while!!!!

How do the they access 'telephone banking'
MOH telephoned, answered their questions, set up security code etc and that was it!
When they phone next, they will be asked security questions and to quote certain letters or number from their password.