Has Anastasiades strategy been the right one?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Re: Has Anastasiades strategy been the right one?

Post by trevnhil »

And yet the virus will have no distinction between visiting family members, or other members of the public..
Trev..
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

trevnhil wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:58 pm And yet the virus will have no distinction between visiting family members, or other members of the public..
So very true! It is for this very reason that I would prefer utmost caution rather than a booming economy. 8-) 8-) 8-)
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Jim B wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 11:21 am
Jimgym wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:40 am I think he has done an excellent job. I see no point in comparing him to any other leader, a pointless exercise in my opinion. My concern now is the social and economic impact on people. That is the next big worry.
It appears the UK population disagree with you as confidence in Blojo has plummeted.
Of course I wouldn't have expected anything else from you though I'm sure the families of many of the deceased wouldn't say his government were doing an "Excellent" job, especially those who had family members infected in care homes through the negligence of the government.
The problem is everyone has opinions but it's actual facts that are important and Blojos government has been shown to behind the curve since day one and has also lied and misled to cover their own inadequacies.

Jim
I would hardly call it a plummet.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/ar ... n_measures
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:08 pm If you look at the posts directly above yours they were apertaing to the UK so my simple mind took it you were also referring to the UK as well. It appears I put two and two together and got five; my apologies for assuming you were praising Blojo.

Jim
No worries, I put it down to this extreme heat :-)
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

what is most shocking for the UK, is that we are an island should be far and away lower than mainland Europe. The fact we aren’t is down to the management of this, start to finish.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

6593FC41-30BC-441F-A648-12BE806C8827.jpeg
6593FC41-30BC-441F-A648-12BE806C8827.jpeg (78.12 KiB) Viewed 3219 times
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Dominic wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 2:30 pm
Jim B wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 11:21 am
Jimgym wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:40 am I think he has done an excellent job. I see no point in comparing him to any other leader, a pointless exercise in my opinion. My concern now is the social and economic impact on people. That is the next big worry.
It appears the UK population disagree with you as confidence in Blojo has plummeted.
Of course I wouldn't have expected anything else from you though I'm sure the families of many of the deceased wouldn't say his government were doing an "Excellent" job, especially those who had family members infected in care homes through the negligence of the government.
The problem is everyone has opinions but it's actual facts that are important and Blojos government has been shown to behind the curve since day one and has also lied and misled to cover their own inadequacies.

Jim
I would hardly call it a plummet.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/ar ... n_measures
I would say say 9% fall in the popularity stakes is a "Plummet" but I would wouldn't I :P Actually it was the term used on Sky News by one of the political reporters this morning.

Jim
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

fall or drop straight down at high speed.
"a climber was killed when he plummeted 300 feet down an icy gully"

Nobody would say:
"a climber grazed his knee when he plummeted 3 feet down an icy gully"
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Depending on where you look for info, this site puts Britain 4th in the table. https://www.statista.com/statistics/110 ... habitants/
Based on a comparison of coronavirus deaths in over 170 countries relative to their population, Belgium had the most losses to COVID-19 up until May 17, 2020.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Dominic wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 5:02 pm fall or drop straight down at high speed.
"a climber was killed when he plummeted 300 feet down an icy gully"

Nobody would say:
"a climber grazed his knee when he plummeted 3 feet down an icy gully"
Below is the link to show the fall of support from 74% to 47% which is a plummet.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus- ... l-11989792
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Jimgym wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 5:56 pm Depending on where you look for info, this site puts Britain 4th in the table. https://www.statista.com/statistics/110 ... habitants/
Based on a comparison of coronavirus deaths in over 170 countries relative to their population, Belgium had the most losses to COVID-19 up until May 17, 2020.
Does it matter if we are 1st or 10th? We are in a terrible situation, that isn’t close to over, Which for an island, takes some doing...
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... -unopposed

Lloyd
You forgot to add this one about £133 million contract given to a company that Tory MP Owen Patterson is a consultant for without going out to bid.
Nothing changes.

Jim
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:23 am
And if you want to know who's behind the contact tracing App:

Shock, horror, eh :shock:
This graphic doesn't make sense.

Ok, it isn't a flattering picture of the man, which is a typical, cheap, media stunt. However, it lists a proven trackrecord of success, then tries to present them as failures.

"Vote Leave" were the underdogs, and not expected to win. This guy wrote an app to enable the Vote Leave lobby to succeed against the odds.

In 2019, the Tories were a shit shower, and yet, thanks to this guy's modelling skills, they were able to win the election.

So would you trust him to write a tracking app?

Well, I would trust him more than whoever did the modelling for Remain or the Labour Party.

Now, I have no idea as to the quality of the actual app, but if you are going to attack somebody's ability, you should cite examples where they have failed, not succeeded against the odds.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

The same company appointed Dominic Cummings’s wife as a Director in mid-April - coincidence? I think not... They don't even try to hide the corruption anymore
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Dominic wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:55 am
Happy in Cyprus wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:23 am
And if you want to know who's behind the contact tracing App:

Shock, horror, eh :shock:

Ok, it isn't a flattering picture of the man, which is a typical, cheap, media stunt. However, it lists a proven trackrecord of success, then tries to present them as failures.

"Vote Leave" were the underdogs, and not expected to win. This guy wrote an app to enable the Vote Leave lobby to succeed against the odds.

In 2019, the Tories were a shit shower, and yet, thanks to this guy's modelling skills, they were able to win the election.

Well, I would trust him more than whoever did the modelling for Remain or the Labour Party.

Now, I have no idea as to the quality of the actual app, but if you are going to attack somebody's ability, you should cite examples where they have failed, not succeeded against the odds.
I don't think its about whether or not he can write a good or bad app, it's about how the contract was awarded; a loophole was used so it didn't have to go out to bid and was given directly to his company.
They don't even hide the corruption these days.

Jim
boycott

Post by boycott »

Perhaps John Lennon had the insight to the world!
Lyrics from Gimme Some Truth

I'm sick and tired of hearing things from
Uptight short sided narrow minded hypocrites
All I want is the truth, just give me some truth

I've had enough of reading things
By neurotic psychotic pigheaded politicians
No short-haired, yellow-bellied
Son of tricky dicky's
Gonna mother hubbard soft soap me
With just a pocket full of hopes
Money for dope, money for rope

No short-haired, yellow-bellied,
Son of tricky dicky's

I'm sick to death of seeing things from
Tight-lipped condescending mama's little chauvinists
I've had enough of watching scenes from
Schizophrenic…
WHL

Post by WHL »

boycott wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:43 am Perhaps John Lennon had the insight to the world!
Lyrics from Gimme Some Truth

I'm sick and tired of hearing things from
Uptight short sided narrow minded hypocrites

I've had enough of reading things
By neurotic psychotic pigheaded politicians
No short-haired, yellow-bellied
Son of tricky dicky's

No short-haired, yellow-bellied,
Son of tricky dicky's

I'm sick to death of seeing things from
Tight-lipped condescending mama's little chauvinists
I've had enough of watching scenes from
Schizophrenic…

John Lennon, travelling the World on private jets, from one of his mansions to the next one,
then being driven in one of his Rolls Royces,, to his mansion in seventy two acres, of leafy Ascot , sitting at his million pound steinway piano, to sing about,

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world,

:shock:
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Jim B wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:25 am
Dominic wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:55 am

I don't think its about whether or not he can write a good or bad app, it's about how the contract was awarded; a loophole was used so it didn't have to go out to bid and was given directly to his company.
They don't even hide the corruption these days.

Jim
Well the main heading is: "Would you be happy downloading an NHS tracker app designed by this man?"
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Dominic
The main heading of this thread was about the Cypriot President........

Boycott

Who are you having a pop at, the lying, corrupt politicians who are complicit in the unnecessary deaths of thousands of our fellow citizens or the concerned people who are highlighting people who are making fortunes off the backs of the sick and dying?

Jim
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Jim B wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:15 pm Dominic
The main heading of this thread was about the Cypriot President........

Boycott

Who are you having a pop at, the lying, corrupt politicians who are complicit in the unnecessary deaths of thousands of our fellow citizens or the concerned people who are highlighting people who are making fortunes off the backs of the sick and dying?

Jim
Wind your neck in. It is obvious I was talking about the picture HiC posted. That was why I posted it in my reply.