Have you tried booking your hairdresser : (

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: Have you tried booking your hairdresser : (

Post by Devil »

I was about to go to the hairdresser when the ban came in. Grrrrrrr! Unfortunately, it was already six weeks long! I thought to hell with it and decided to do nothing until such time as my barber can accommodate me. This does not seem to be very likely in the near future, especially as he offers me special pensioner's rates, so it looks like I shall have long hair and a long beard for a little while to come yet. I was really wondering whether I could get a job as a priest as I'm already beginning to look like one.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I get mine done at Chez Wifey. My Grade 1 always comes up a treat and the banter is top notch.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

I thought hairdressers & barbers closed on Thursday apart from tourist area.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Some of you should stop moaning, and be grateful, youve still got some hair to cut :lol:
clive of payia

Post by clive of payia »

Patience, to pay for the EU/ECB's folly's, an economic haircut isn't too far away.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Has something changed, hairdressers will be busy enough with their lady clients. Don’t real men go to the barbers these days?!

Dee
lefkes

Post by lefkes »

I,ve had the same barber for the last 51 years ,she is also a brilliant cook, gardener , housekeeper and I love her dearly .
Lefkes.
WHL

Post by WHL »

lefkes wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:07 am I,ve had the same barber for the last 51 years ,she is also a brilliant cook, gardener , housekeeper and I love her dearly .
Lefkes.
Yes, but does she say those immortal words, as you get up off the chair, " Something for the Weekend Sir?" :shock:
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Careful which Coiffure you choose .

chris&pam

Post by chris&pam »

Got mine booked for the 29 May. First available slot, fully booked up until then!
jeba

Post by jeba »

I simply used the trimmer for my dog´s fur. Now I look like a mangy pooch.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

My hair appointment is on the 22nd May, booked soon after the Govt’s announcement. I‘m looking forward to it!

Dee
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

So they are going to start screening hairdressers on the 18th of May and be finished by the 5th of June .

What happens if your hairdresser has not been done before your appointment comes up ? Is it cancelled ?

https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/05/14/coro ... om-may-18/
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Mr Blobby,
I was wondering about that myself!
I think that she will text me should there be any change.
Reading about the testing in today’s CM,it seems that the Govt may be prioritising all those in the catering business as taverna and restaurant workers are in the same group for being tested...
Dee
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Mrblobby wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 4:50 pm So they are going to start screening hairdressers on the 18th of May and be finished by the 5th of June .

What happens if your hairdresser has not been done before your appointment comes up ? Is it cancelled ?
The last thing I want to happen is that the hairdresser is cleaning my nose/ear hairs with his hair trimmer device. This is for sure the most dangerous situation to catch the virus from the customers before me....(which are normally not tested)
I bought one at Lidl years ago and never used it, but now I will. If my little hair, which is left, looks a mess, I don't care as I am wearing a baseball cap anyhow most time of the year... and my moustache gets a scissors cut every two weeks or so, which is not difficult.

Max
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Some barbers use the hot wax treatment to remove hairs from the nose and ears.
Effective and probably more hygienic than using an instrument that needs deep cleaning between each client.

My hairdresser phoned to ask me to make an appointment for a cut but have decided to wait a few more weeks. I had recently trimmed the fringe and other untidy areas - it all grows quickly should a mishap occur and may as well make it worthwhile when I do eventually get it styled.