Airline refunds.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Pinleyb93

Airline refunds.

Post by Pinleyb93 »

We have just been notified by both Jet 2 and Easy Jet that we will get our cancelled flight refunds within the next 28 days, good news .🙂🙂 My question is has anyone had a refund to their credit card company then been able to transfer it back into their bank account. I don't mind Barclaycard having a credit balance of about 800 pounds but that's an awful lot of Kindle books I will have to buy. I know I could get in touch with B/C but their lines are so busy at the moment,I thought I could try here first as a lot of members must be in the same boat. Any useful advice would be appreciated.
Lofos-Jan

Re: Airline refunds.

Post by Lofos-Jan »

I can withdraw cash through an atm using my credit card or transfer funds from my credit card to current account online but there is a charge to do this. Maybe ask them if the would waive it in the circumstances.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

I haven't but am on several travel chat groups who have done just this.
It's free to have the credit card excess credit transferred by your credit card company to your linked bank account but costs money if you withdraw it yourself by any other method.
Don't panic yet though, as some people have been phoned to ask how/where they want their refund to be paid.
I'm waiting for our package holiday refund to come back, also from Jet2holidays and also paid by credit card. We booked with an independent agent for the first time so the refund has to go back to their holding account first, then they will contact me regarding the payment transfer.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
trireme

Post by trireme »

My Jet 2 flight refund was lodged back in to my Lloyds Bank credit card a/c, it was a very straightforward transfer, via online banking, to put it back in to my current a/c, no banking charges were incurred.
Regards
Brian Mc Inally
J B

Post by J B »

Pinleyb93 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:00 am We have just been notified by both Jet 2 and Easy Jet that we will get our cancelled flight refunds within the next 28 days,
Just curious as to how EJ notified you.

Our flights were 24/3 & 3/4/2020 and it's been saying <<Your request is being processed>> for ages now, but, no email or official confirmation! :(
J B