SMS error

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Re: SMS error

Post by trevnhil »

As you say Sadie they are only taking notice of the phone number.
I noticed something strange during the last few days... I have twice in the past put down the wrong ID number, and also I have once put in the wrong postcode. I have still never been refused permission to go out ..
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

If you are over 60 you should not be sending text messages,you just need to fill out the form, at least the police told this to the wife last week, she was stopped twice, all they asked for was the permissions form...
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I am over 60 and over 65, but I have seen nowhere that says I HAVE to use a form
Trev..
memory man

Post by memory man »

Procedure for an Approval of Movement

To travel to and from the workplace during working hours: the confirmation of movement is fixed (Form A) and is provided, under the sole responsibility of the signatory, by the employer, or in the case of a legal person, by his/her legal representative or, in the case of a freelance professional or self-employed person, by himself/herself.
As regards the aforementioned eight categories vis-à-vis the purpose of movement, the following options are available as to the procedure for attaining approval:

For persons under the age of 65 (1 option):

Only by sending an SMS to the number 8998, written in the correct format

For persons over the age of 65 (3 options):

By sending an SMS: to the number 8998, written in the correct format, or
By filling out and printing Form B: (Statement for the movement of citizens by way of exception), which should be signed by the interested party, who bears sole responsibility, and should include his/her full name, date of birth, identification proof (e.g. ID card number), home address, the time as well as the purpose of movement, or
Citizens’ Solemn Declaration: In the event that citizens do not have access to the announced forms for the confirmation of movement, they may carry with them a handwritten confirmation containing the following information: full name, date of birth, identification proof (e.g. ID card number), home address, time of movement as well as the specific purpose of that movement (which must fall within the categories excluded from the prohibition of unnecessary movements, as these are stipulated in the relevant Decree), signature and date.

https://cyprus-mail.com/confirmation-of ... documents/
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

trevnhil wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:27 pm As you say Sadie they are only taking notice of the phone number.
I noticed something strange during the last few days... I have twice in the past put down the wrong ID number, and also I have once put in the wrong postcode. I have still never been refused permission to go out ..
They don't have to log those numbers. However, if you get checked, and are found to haveused the wrong ones, you will be find. In effect, the log is the SMS you sent.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

sadie62 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:35 pm Has anyone else experienced this ?

For those under 65 having to use the SMS, it appears the permission is associated with the phone number as opposed to the persons ARC

Today, hubby and I went for a swim in the morning and this afternoon after sending an SMS for us to go shopping (the first time we have gone out a second time in one day) one got permission and the other one was denied (rejected having reached the limit of daily movements).....so after 9 weeks of lockdown this error still has not been addressed. I went to my local police station who confirmed the daily movements is obviously per person but the text message only takes notice of the mobile number....so for those people like us who only have one phone, the 3 movements are between the 2 of us and not each, similarly when it was only once per day we could not go anywhere together.....
The simple solution is to by a cheap phone and a pay as you go sms.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Sorry, but buying a cheap phone and an SMS would have only set you back €20 or so. Considering how little time they had to get something like this organsied I think the system has worked really well.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Sadie, surely buying a cheap phone is the easiest option in your situation as you can’t change the system? An extra spare phone is always useful in case anything should happen to your only phone.

Dee
memory man

Post by memory man »

Did you have to post your reply 3 times?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

sadie62 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:25 pm Hubby is not interested in a phone and the problem will be over on 21st when no permission is required. You should not have to buy a phone at all they should have addressed the very obvious fault of logging the permission via phone number as opposed to the persons ID, they know there is a shortcoming but have done nothing to address it
So what were you doing in order to go out when you were only allowed one call a day? It seems odd to mention this now, when the system has got 3 times more flexible.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Trev I was asking only because the Police told us just to use that form, me well I have not been out in my car for many weeks only with the wife and her car, I do as I am told.. :D
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

But as you can both see from Memory Man's post above, it is perfectly correct to use the SMS if you are over 65.. You can use any of three options. The first one is ........

"For persons over the age of 65 (3 options):
By sending an SMS: to the number 8998, written in the correct format "

Or use the form if you want to ...
Trev..
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I use SMS Text, much easier than messing about with forms.

Jim
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Austin7 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:09 am
Les Bean wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:43 am
Jim B wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 7:30 am I use SMS Text, much easier than messing about with forms.

Jim
So do we
Me too, why waste all that paper when sms is free?
Not wasting paper as still using original ones I printed off which I made smaller and printed on both sides of A4 paper. Complete using pencil and so can be reused until those areas become illegible.

Having read of couples who both wanted/needed to go out at the same time and one having a SMS request rejected for whatever reason, the paper form suits us fine as well as being able to go out as soon as we have completed the form.

Not for much longer now, hopefully.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

The SMS response is almost instant and has been for some weeks.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

bromerzz wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:49 pm The SMS response is almost instant and has been for some weeks.
Some people have been having problems - each day there are complaints on the various FB groups from different people.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

In that case maybe stay away from Facebook groups - I would lay a bet user input error is the common factor.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

But it was registered to a persons ID then it would be open to abuse by people entering any numbers similar to their own.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

. Deleted by me as I can’t even be arsed to get involved.
Last edited by The Aquila on Thu May 14, 2020 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

This thread is painful to read. If you didn't have an issue when there was only one call a day allowed I find it bizarre that you are complaining now.

Anyway, hopefully in a week's time it will no longer be an issue. But quite honestly I am glad that the government have concentrated on more important issues rather than attempt to tweek something that isn't really broken, for the benefit of a few people who can't be botherered to throw a few bucks at a cheap disposable phone.