Amazon UK

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
MacManiac

Amazon UK

Post by MacManiac »

Does anyone know how to contact Amazon UK by email? I have an order which is due to be delivered by 20.00 tonight (according to the tracking information) but it has been sat in Germany for the last ten days.

All the contact options for Amazon seem to have been removed or changed and I keep being directed to a “chat bot” who tells me that my order will be delivered today, which is arrant nonsense.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Amazon UK

Post by Dominic »

It could still be delivered today. It may well have already arrived in Cyprus. The tracking info doesn't always get updated.

I see what you mean about the contact form though.

Try this email:

jeff@amazon.com

It is the boss. And believe it or not, every time I have used it I have had a reply from one of his underlings.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Thanks for that. I’ll try tomorrow if the delivery doesn’t happen today.
JimX

Post by JimX »

I have had three Amazon DE and UK go missing, weeks overdue, at the bottom of all Amazon pages in the black area you will see contact us far right hand side at the bottom, click on that and you have a choice to email or as I did direct text to a representative, they refunded all of my purchase price including the shipping, I feel best just to contact Amazon this way, still does not answer where my buys went, something probably due to the lockdown, there must be thousands of parcels waiting to be sorted at Pafos PO...its easy once you have done this.
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

There is also usually the opportunity to have 'Live Chat' with someone.. I like this as you can vent your fury a little bit :-)
Trev..
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

JimX wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 6:47 am I have had three Amazon DE and UK go missing, weeks overdue, at the bottom of all Amazon pages in the black area you will see contact us far right hand side at the bottom, click on that and you have a choice to email or as I did direct text to a representative, they refunded all of my purchase price including the shipping, I feel best just to contact Amazon this way, still does not answer where my buys went, something probably due to the lockdown, there must be thousands of parcels waiting to be sorted at Pafos PO...its easy once you have done this.
For the life of me I cannot find Contact Us at the bottom of the page. It is absolutely infuriating ... surely Amazon don’t want to make it difficult for customers to contact them?
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

It appears you can only use chat at the moment .

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/custom ... s_v3_cu_t4
memory man

Post by memory man »

MacManiac wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:14 am
For the life of me I cannot find Contact Us at the bottom of the page. It is absolutely infuriating ... surely Amazon don’t want to make it difficult for customers to contact them?
In the black area you will see Customer Service

Click on it and it should bring up https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/custom ... _gw_m_b_cs
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Yes but if you click the email link after that it goes to a new chat box. That is the problem.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

I used the live chat service with Amazon UK just recently trying to resolve a problem with my old Kindle keyboard.

The service was excellent.

Hardly any waiting time to chat with an operator and each of the one's I spoke with over the three times I was in contact, they were very helpful, patient and friendly.

But as a matter of interest, we sent a package to Cyprus from UK by International Tracked and Signed service on 24 March. According to the tracking, it doesn't even appear to have reached Cyprus since it was recorded to have left the sorting centre at Langley UK the next day.

Royal Mail are now investigating it as Cyprus end is not updated either. That could take up to 90 days.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Many thanks for all the helpful suggestions. I found a live person to “chat” to this morning. At first he went to check where my order was. It had been delayed and would be delivered, guaranteed, on 25th May. I pointed out this was slow service and perhaps Amazon would like to refund my shipping charges of nearly £25. He went to check and then announced that the order had been lost in transit. I asked when. He went to check and returned to tell me it was lost in costumes (sic).

I then asked for him if they would resend the order. He went off to check and came back and said it was not possible. Why not, I asked? Because it was an international order, he said, but he would authorise a full refund.

Not surprised by all of this but rather disappointed.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

And after all that... It is quite possible that it may turn up... My longest deliver is 3 months, and that was from an order in November 2018..
Trev..
Paul

Post by Paul »

We had a small package come from china once.
It took 7 days to Cyprus, then 28 days from larnica to Paphos!!!