Bank transfer

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
manxie

Bank transfer

Post by manxie »

About a year ago sold house in pegia, house sale money transferred back to uk but kept my bank acc with coop now hellenic open for when we came on holidays,we were going to come for greek easter and then I was going to close acc but of course events over took us ,I do not have internet banking so I would like to ask some questions ,do you have to have a property in Cyprus to maintain bank acc, does any know is anna still manager at pegia branch my visa electron card is due to be renewed end of june I was thinking as I live in isle of man could I visit republic Ireland draw money over period of a few days as I speak both my wife and myself health is a little on the down side so do not want to fly this year I have a euro bank acc in isle of man to transfer money to sorry ifi have rambled a bit best regards manxie
PW in Polemi

Re: Bank transfer

Post by PW in Polemi »

As far as I am aware, you do not need to live in Cyprus to have a bank account here.
If you don't have internet banking, are all your bank statements posted to your address in Isle of Man?
Sorry I can't help with any information on the Pegeia branch of Hellenic. You could always phone the contact number on your latest statement.
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Try Currency Fair or similar, I haven't used them but many others have
David
WHL

Post by WHL »

manxie wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:03 am About a year ago sold house in pegia, house sale money transferred back to uk but kept my bank acc with coop now hellenic open for when we came on holidays,we were going to come for greek easter and then I was going to close acc but of course events over took us ,I do not have internet banking so I would like to ask some questions ,do you have to have a property in Cyprus to maintain bank acc, does any know is anna still manager at pegia branch my visa electron card is due to be renewed end of june I was thinking as I live in isle of man could I visit republic Ireland draw money over period of a few days as I speak both my wife and myself health is a little on the down side so do not want to fly this year I have a euro bank acc in isle of man to transfer money to sorry ifi have rambled a bit best regards manxie
Best bet is to ring your branch in Cyprus, speak with the manager, who will give you the best advice for your situation.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Can you not just send it using TransferWise?

https://transferwise.com/?clickref=1101 ... D=1101l644
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

or similar 😀
David
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

No, I specifically said Transferwise. We are affiliates of Transferwise so if they are used to transfer money using our link, we get a tiny cut.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

ok, thanks for explaining
David
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I'm actually in the process of putting together a page which has all our affiliate links on it in an easily digestable format. At the moment, if you want to transfer money using our affiliate link you have to refresh the screen until the right banner appears, or click the "TRANSFER MONEY" button at the top of the page.

I thought it would make things easier, and thus, make people more likely to use the links, if they were all on the one page.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

The Peyia branch of Hellenic Bank has been closed for some time - perhaps a temporary measure due to Covid-19. Many branches closed permanently when Hellenic Bank took over the COOP.

At the bottom of the article is a link to the branches that are currently open in the Paphos area.
https://www.hellenicbank.com/portalserv ... th/covid19
manxie

Post by manxie »

hi does any one know the address of the old coop bank now hellenic close to bar st opposite were mosque was in tomb of kings area regards manxie
daveg

Post by daveg »

Actually the Hellenic bank in Peyia didn't close but moved behind the main Street....
Cornelia

Post by Cornelia »

Yes, but was closed this morning.
memory man

Post by memory man »

The Hellenic bank in Peyia has closed temporarily due to the pandemic.

Some of the staff come in periodically to do some work, but the bank is
not open to customers yet.

A lot of money has been spent on the outside decor, so I don't think the
bank will close permanently.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

nholleran wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:08 am Dominic, never new of these affiliates you mentioned upon till now as we use Transerwise often, who do you get the commission off as would go through your site and be good to see a list of the other people may use.
I am going to upload the new page today. We get the commission off Transferwise themselves. Well, their affiliate system anyway.

This is why I am doing a new page though. Makes it easier to find. :)
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Here is the new page. I shall publicise it later but as nholleran was asking I will include it here too.

https://www.paphoslife.com/coffee