Coriander plants/cuttings

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
CYWALL

Coriander plants/cuttings

Post by CYWALL »

Hi all, I've been looking for Coriander plants in all the garden center's but can't find any, I've managed to get seeds but would like something more established. Any idea how long the seeds would take to grow as the packet is all in Greek. I do realise I could Google it but because of our climate I would rather ask the professional members here!
Thanks all
Jimgym

Re: Coriander plants/cuttings

Post by Jimgym »

Have you tried London Garden Centre and also the one near Chlorakas Paps, they both sell various herbs.
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

CYWALL. Sew half a dozen of the seeds in a pot of compost and lightly cover them with a sprinkling of compost on top. Water them EVERY day. They should germinate within a week or two.

Then two to three weeks later . . . . . .do the same again.. . . . . . . .And then again. It does seem a wee bit of a faff but, it is definitely worth it and the best way to get the freshest ever coriander. I did it every year when we lived in Paphos. It takes a tad bit longer to grow here in Scotland . . . . . .But well worth the effort. I can never get enough of the stuff.

Maggie B
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

London always have several varieties.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

We bought a bunch from Garden of Eden, there they still have the roots. We use the leaves and replant the roots, it works, we planted three lots of roots from one bunch just before lockdown, two are now growing but not usable yet
David
CYWALL

Post by CYWALL »

Thanks all for the great advice, I managed to find and buy some very, very young plants from the London Garden Center,so a good tip there, they were in strips so I will pot them up in a trough today. They have quite a few left yesterday if anyone is interested.
Thanks again.