Flights

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
lotus

Flights

Post by lotus »

Hi people,does anybody know the situation re flights going back to UK from Cyprus? I am hoping to go back in June and can't find any information,as far as I know will have to go into isolation for two weeks over there,I will get tested few days before I hopefully fly. I did watch Boris last night but the flight situation is still not clear
WHL

Re: Flights

Post by WHL »

I don't think anyone knows at present, even those who's job it is to decide. Sit tight, nothing we can do.
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

On the UK in Cyprus - British High Commission Nicosia FB page they will announce any flights coming up. At the moment they are recommending taking one of the other May European flights and getting an onward flight to the UK. Scroll down on the FB page to see the Cyprus Airways post.

https://www.facebook.com/ukincyprus/

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

Lofos-Jan wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:48 pm On the UK in Cyprus - British High Commission Nicosia FB page they will announce any flights coming up. At the moment they are recommending taking one of the other May European flights and getting an onward flight to the UK. Scroll down on the FB page to see the Cyprus Airways post.

https://www.facebook.com/ukincyprus/

Jeanne
This is for those wanting repatriation. I think lotus means for visiting UK.
lotus

Post by lotus »

Yes I do,Iam stuck here and my partner is in UK,came over for a few weeks in Febuary and been trapped here ever since,as she is still recovering from massive surgery I need to get back!Although we live in Cyprus we always go back for the Summer
Galini

Post by Galini »

lotus wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:22 pm Yes I do,Iam stuck here and my partner is in UK,came over for a few weeks in Febuary and been trapped here ever since,as she is still recovering from massive surgery I need to get back!Although we live in Cyprus we always go back for the Summer
Then surely it IS a repatriation flight you need ?
In this case get in touch with the British High Commission as mentioned in previous post, they should be able to get you on the list of people waiting for flights
J B

Post by J B »

Galini wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:50 am
lotus wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:22 pm Yes I do,Iam stuck here and my partner is in UK,came over for a few weeks in Febuary and been trapped here ever since,as she is still recovering from massive surgery I need to get back!Although we live in Cyprus we always go back for the Summer
Then surely it IS a repatriation flight you need ?
In this case get in touch with the British High Commission as mentioned in previous post, they should be able to get you on the list of people waiting for flights
Although I know little about this subject, surely if the OP says <<we live in Cyprus>> you can't repatriate to the UK - shouldn't it be the partner who need to repatriate back to CY?
J B
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

The post is very confusing....
They live in Cyprus but go back to UK for summer - seems clear enough.
But partner in UK recovering from surgery and the other person came back to Cyprus for a few weeks. So assume both were in UK at the time of the surgery and that would have been winter, not summer?
But if they're permanent residents of Cyprus, it seems like it should be the person in UK who needs to be repatriated back home to Cyprus.
Otherwise, the person who is now in Cyprus will just have to sit it out until flights recommence.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
lotus

Post by lotus »

We went over as usual last Summer and just before we were due to come back to Cyprus my partners cancer returned,so massive op and chemo followed,I came back to Cyprus by myself leaving her with friends just to check the house,pay a few bills etc,had a return flight already booked the following week but of course it got cancelled and now Iam stuck,she cannot travel due to treatment and couldn't cope with the heat here,,hence the reason I need to get back
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

Lotus you should definitely be able to get on a flight on humanitarian grounds. There are several going as stated and you should be able to get a connecting flight as flights are still going into UK. There are flights to Paris, Frankfurt etc. and it would be better to do it before the UK quarantine starts.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
Suetal

Post by Suetal »

Lotus
Just had an e mail from Gov.Uk Cyprus Travel Advice to say there is a repatriation flight on 15th of May, from Larnaca to Heathrow at 11.15 which may be of interest to you.
Sue
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

It would seem that Lotus should be able to get on that flight in 3 days time
Trev..
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

Nicosia
1 hr ·
aegeanair.com will be operating a special flight from Larnaca to London Heathrow on Fri 15 May at 11.15am, open to British nationals across #Cyprus who wish to return to the UK.
The airline will not be offering telephone or internet booking for this flight. To reserve a seat, please send an email to UKinCyprus@fco.gov.uk indicating:

- your full name (as written in your passport)
- date of birth
- your British passport number
- a contact telephone number where Aegean can reach you
- your current location in Cyprus (north or south of the Green Line)

Your details will be passed to Aegean who will call you directly to confirm a booking.

Tickets will be priced at 320 Euros + tax.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Thank you Lotus, that all makes a bit more sense now the timeline has been expanded upon...
It looks like there's a flight going in a few days time, there have been quite a few - just make sure you are registered with the British High Commission but it's always better to monitor the pages for updates yourself so you can get your name on the list as soon as possible.
I know people who have done it - in both directions.
Good luck!
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Lotus, an update has just been posted on Twitter from the BHC about the flight on 15 May:

UK in Cyprus
http://aegeanair.com have informed us that the 15 May flight from Larnaca- Heathrow previously advertised will now be a cargo-only flight. However, the airline will operate a passenger flight on the same route on 21 May.

If you have already registered with us for the 15 May flight, your details will be saved and you will be contacted by Aegean in due course about the 21 May flight. You do not need to register with us again.