Bee-eaters loving a bath....

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Bee-eaters loving a bath....

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Even when I posted so many time photos from bee-eaters - I couldn't resist to photograph these one's yesterday ...... and share it with you

By the way, the heavy rain in the morning washed a lot of dirty water in the pool, just after I cleaned the other day :roll:

So here we are

Sometimes a lot of them were diving at the same time

Somersault

hungry after the swim

checking both direction for more food

and a little snuggling as it is not really warm after the bath

This must be the food direction... ;)

Max
Lincoln

Re: Bee-eaters loving a bath....

Post by Lincoln »

Wow, stunning photo's. Thanks for the share.
All things are possible
Ams

Post by Ams »

Great photos Max. I too have been taking quite a few photos of bee-eaters the past week. But even though they are often on wires above my garden, I have never seem them swoop down over the pool and drink out of it, so I am very envious that you got to see that and well done on managing to get good photos of it!
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Brilliant photos again, Max, thank you.
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Ams wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:58 pm Great photos Max. I too have been taking quite a few photos of bee-eaters the past week. But even though they are often on wires above my garden, I have never seem them swoop down over the pool and drink out of it, so I am very envious that you got to see that and well done on managing to get good photos of it!
Last year there was the same situation. Only once, one afternoon, a flock of them had fun in my pool that was it. I wonder if the same will happen this year. It was more a bathing than drinking. Some of them had problems to come back out of the water....unlike swallows which come every day to drink.
I am quite proud that I managed the photos in a decent quality as it is really difficult. Most people think it is easy, but it isn't. Out of 30 pics only these few one's were good enough to post. So Thanks for your praise.

Max