A variety of reasons for fines today

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
galexinda

A variety of reasons for fines today

Post by galexinda »

Apart from the manicurist who is the main feature of this article I was interested to read the following:

Police also reported three supermarkets in Nicosia.

In the first case, an employee was not wearing a mask,
in the second a client who did not belong to the vulnerable group was being offered service in hours reserved for the vulnerable and
in the third customers waiting to pay were not respecting the required distance between them.

Two supermarkets were reported in Limassol because employees were not wearing masks and gloves.

https://in-cyprus.philenews.com/manicur ... ddoUFCCJiU
Lincoln

Re: A variety of reasons for fines today

Post by Lincoln »

This for us old fogies is excellent news. Hope the police do the same here in Paphos especially in Paps.
All things are possible
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

All this is good. I have noticed that there are certain supermarkets in Paphos and Peyia who would do well to take notice. I hope the Paphos police will check supermarkets out to see if they are observing the present regulations. Lidl continue to do very well in this respect.
Dee
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

A friend our ours had a call from his boss last Wednesday asking did he want to return to work on Thursday as restrictions for construction workers had been relaxed. After sitting at home for seven weeks with no income he jumped at the chance as he needed money to buy food for his family.
On Thursday four of them turned up for work and after about an hour a police car arrived and told them someone had reported them for breaking the lockdown. The Police agreed there was a relaxation for Construction workers but only for three workers at a time and apologised but said we will have to fine you as they would be checked by their bosses to see if they had carried out their orders.
On the other hand another friend of ours has reported a family who live by her for holding regular party's and nothing has been done to date.
I think the police could have warned the construction workers as it does appear there is some confusion over the restriction relaxation.

Jim
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I thought that from what I’ve read about Govt plans to gradually reopen businesses here that it clearly states that Phase 1 which starts tomorrow, 4the May, that the Construction industry is allowed to start work again, so that probably includes your friend.
Unfortunately, your friend must have jumped the gun to start work too soon!

Dee
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Dee
No it was eased up last week for up to three workers but unfortunately as like the relaxation of restrictions there is confusion amongst the populace of what can we do and what we can't do and clarification is needed on certain points.
I still think the police could have given them a warning as it was a genuine mistake and not willfully ignoring the rules
Jim