Ready for more photos ?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Ready for more photos ?

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Most of the year there is a good chance for moody or artistical photos in Cyprus, except the few month with only sun and no clouds. So I want to share some pics I did in 2019. Would be interesting which photo you like the most. It depends of course also on the size of screen you are watching them.

Troodos in red

before the storm

is after the storms

nature is the artist...

sun rays

sunrise in April

garlic & weeds

asparagus and weeds

I must stop now as the upload speed is so poor (0.8) and it takes more than 3 minutes for one photo...

Max
PW in Polemi

Re: Ready for more photos ?

Post by PW in Polemi »

Thank you Max.
My favourite is the last one, showing the butterfly sipping from a lantana flower. That must have taken some patience - or was it a lucky shot?
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Kay
The "butterfly" is a Hummingbird Hawkmoth. They do zip around a bit.
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

Thank you for sharing Max, I love your 'moody' shots, I really appreciate your expert photography, you must have a super swish camera! :D
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

aphrodite wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:30 am I really appreciate your expert photography, you must have a super swish camera! :D
Not really Aphrodite. I had a similar camera 10 years ago and bought this one 2018. It is not a DSLR (digital single lens reflex) which is much more expensive and not as handy for me to change the lens many times in practice. It is a so called Bridge Camera. The headline-grabbing feature of the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400 is undoubtedly its lens, with the Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* boasting an enormous 50x optical zoom. In 35mm terms, this is equivalent to a 24-1200mm focal length. In the meantime I understand the camera better and use mainly manual settings specially for night photos.
As it costs only my time (unlike in older times when you had to buy films) I am producing always a lot of pics with different settings and many times it is really hard which photo to choose for posting. On the other hand I learned photographing on my first trip to Cyprus in 1970 when I met a star photographer from Germany which stayed in the next hotel bungalow at Kyrenia and introduced me into photography. I remember when he showed me his case with more than 200 empty films, saying that you have to do a lot of photos until one is the right one to publish and sell.
https://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/r ... 400-review

Anyhow, I am glad you liked the pics and I am planning to do Cyprus animals with one of my next posts on here...

Max
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

Thanks for the explanation. I did have a digital camera I bought in Dubai in 2002 which was top of the range expensive at the time, but as technology progressed I could no longer get the software to load the photos onto my laptop. I’ve been promising myself a new one but wouldn’t know where to start or what to look out for. At the moment I take photos with my iPad as I need a new iPhone too! And a new laptop, thinking of buying an Apple.

I look forward to seeing your animal photos Max, my favourite subject along with nature. 🙂