Fish, Chips n Mushy Peas

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Lincoln

Fish, Chips n Mushy Peas

Post by Lincoln »

The last time I had my Chish n Fips with mushy peas was so long ago I cannot remember. I always had that every Friday at lunchtime in the Railway Inn-Chloraka, which is my local pub. Well the good news is this. Today they started a takeaway and delivery service. It has to be ordered first, which I did and so this evening I was eating my Fish, Chips and mushy peas. If anyone is interested phone Amy on 99 289285. The service is from 4pm until 8pm There is a small menu to choose from. Oh, I nearly forgot the cost of my takeaway was only €6.50 :D

Just edited the tel number as it was wrong before-the last number is now a 5 and not a 4 :D
Last edited by Lincoln on Sat May 02, 2020 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All things are possible
trevnhil

Re: Fish, Chips n Mushy Peas

Post by trevnhil »

So for the takeaway do you have to go into the pub to collect your order.. And if I remember rightly they only take cash, so you cannot pay when you order
Trev..
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

trevnhil wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 7:54 pm So for the takeaway do you have to go into the pub to collect your order.. And if I remember rightly they only take cash, so you cannot pay when you order
Yes Trev, I ordered and gave them the time I wanted the food. I then went into the pub to collect and pay-cash. They also do delivery but there is a nominal charge for that service.
All things are possible
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

trevnhil wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 7:54 pm So for the takeaway do you have to go into the pub to collect your order.. And if I remember rightly they only take cash, so you cannot pay when you order
Trev. It says "delivery"
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Trev. It says "delivery"
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

mike strand2 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:00 pm
Trev. It says "delivery" AND TAKE AWAY :mrgreen:
All things are possible
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Mike it says 'TAKEAWAY'
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

Never understood this mushy peas thing, must be some sort of northern thingy :D
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

WHL wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:25 pm Never understood this mushy peas thing, must be some sort of northern thingy :D
True, but the correct order would be fish, chips, mushy peas and curry sauce.

Ian
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

You can't beat em :lol:

Last edited by jagwheels on Fri May 01, 2020 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Fish and chips and a wally, lovely
ast

Post by ast »

Well whatever the combination I hope you enjoyed your Friday fish and chips Lincoln, question is was it cod or Haddock. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

I am surprised that PIE & MASH shops haven't made it to Cyprus yet and always served with Mushy peas - Some bright green and some pale green - Seemed to start in Essex in the Mid Seventies and now all over the country and very nice too.
WHL

Post by WHL »

71 Trans Am wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:14 pm I am surprised that PIE & MASH shops haven't made it to Cyprus yet and always served with Mushy peas - Some bright green and some pale green - Seemed to start in Essex in the Mid Seventies and now all over the country and very nice too.
About ten years ago or more , a couple of English guys opened a pie and mash restaurant in Larnaca, but it didn't last long, nothing wrong with the pies, tourists would rather have a souvlaki then a pie and mash, the hot weather dosnt help, also expats weren't that interested, so unfortunately after changing locations a couple of times, there wasn't enough demand, and they closed
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

WHL
i don't think it is something that i would eat on a regular basis but it is ok every now and then - Just out of curiosity do they grow peas in Cyprus - I cannot say that i have seen any.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Cod & Bozener Sauce (Mayo) I enjoyed today and there was no need to leave the house or fill in the forms to be allowed. Ice cold Guinness went very well with it...... :) Dessert was Mousse o chocolate with whisky, together with Cappuccino... yummy

Max
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

71 Trans Am wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:14 pm I am surprised that PIE & MASH shops haven't made it to Cyprus yet and always served with Mushy peas - Some bright green and some pale green - Seemed to start in Essex in the Mid Seventies and now all over the country and very nice too.
I’m sure I’ve seen pie, mash and liquor on the menu in the Village Inn in Kissonerga
WHL

Post by WHL »

71 Trans Am wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:49 pm WHL
i don't think it is something that i would eat on a regular basis but it is ok every now and then - Just out of curiosity do they grow peas in Cyprus - I cannot say that i have seen any.
Love pies, my wife makes great sweet and meat pies. Pastry to die for, only eat them in the winter months. and only home made, years ago I had the misfortune to visit a pie factory, and you wouldn't want to know what they put in the meat pies :?
WHL

Post by WHL »

71 Trans Am wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:49 pm WHL
Not sure but I've seen a local brand that does frozen veg, frozen peas, being one of their products
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Talking about fish & chips,,,,,what do sea monsters eat??,,,,,,,,,,fish & ships...…..Sorry I get worse!!